Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 What kind of warranty does Simmons carry? >

What kind of warranty does Simmons carry?

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

What kind of warranty does Simmons carry?

Old 12-30-2007, 11:04 AM

Default What kind of warranty does Simmons carry?

Just curious as I have a dead Simmons 8pnt 3-9x40. It was a cheapo I had on my .35 the first year it saw service as I was poor and in school. It's about 4 years old or so right now and after about 30 rounds the internals fell apart. And It has been setting for awhile and I just wondered if they offer a lifetime warranty like many companies. If so I could send it back and get it replaced and have a spare .22 scope.
Old 12-30-2007, 01:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What kind of warranty does Simmons carry?

I don't know about the 8pt. but I had an Aetec go south on me! It had a lifetime warranty and they did replace it with a new one. It took several months to get it back though. In Simmons defense, they were in the middle of moving, so it took longer! I still don't think that it should have taken as long as it did! I won't be buying another Simmons again though!
Old 12-30-2007, 07:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Simmons was bought out by Meade a while back and I think will be the bottom of their line. You might be able to get another one for a .22, but it might take awhile.
Old 12-31-2007, 11:11 PM

i was wondering the same thing , so i called simmons and asked ! they said that as long as i had the original sales reciept that they would honor the warranty for life!
Old 01-09-2008, 06:52 PM

I have honestly had 3 Simmons scopes go bad on me. They would not adjust right to sight in. I just took them back where I bought them. They weren't real cheap ones either. I'll never buy another one. I strictly use Bushnell, and Nikon. Bushnells a little cheaper, but actually as good or better than the nikons!
Old 01-11-2008, 06:07 PM

I have had absolutely no problems with the 3 Simmons scopes that I have owned over the years and if you do have a problem - it has a full lifetime - no questions asked full replacement warranty.

Send it back in a good shipping container by UPS, along with an explanation of what is wrong and they will make good on their promise.

My brother had a TASCO that fell apart and before they changed hands, they sent him two scopes and an apology. 2 for the price of one.

He kept one and gave me the second one and it is on one of my favorite 22 Magnum rifles and does a good job.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

2 X 0 still equals zero!
Tasco still equals Trashco and Simmons ain't much different! On a plinkeryou don't have much to lose, but on a deer rifle, you are just begging for a failure. Probably at the must inopportune time! A dependable scope, priceless!