Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 Leupold, Ziess, or Swavorski >

Leupold, Ziess, or Swavorski

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Leupold, Ziess, or Swavorski

Old 01-15-2007, 05:55 PM

Default Leupold, Ziess, or Swavorski

I was look ing for a 50mm rifle scope SHould i get a Leupold, Ziess, or Swavorski. I need one that works very good in low light and is relatively low in cost.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Leupold, Ziess, or Swavorski

Leupold is not in the same class as Zeiss or Swarovski. The part about relatively low in cost don't fit here. What's your budget?
Old 01-16-2007, 12:03 PM

Low cost I would go with a Ziess Conquest , ,Meopta Meostar, or Nikon Monarch Gold(great prices on these right now) !!

Spending more cash will give you some more clarity at dark and maybe a few more minutes !! But do not expect huge differences in scopes for the money !! What becomes important are things like being able to tell an animal's body position etc. instead of a black spot in a field at low light !! Is it worth twice the price ???.........that's a question you have to ask yourself !!

I know I have forked it out twice and have a hard time justifying it when I see a scope half the price that does "nearly" as well !!
Old 01-17-2007, 09:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Swarovski's are the best, but they they aren't low cost.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:46 AM

Leupold. They might not be as clear as that german crap but you can go up the mountainand back down with no worries.
All American.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Zeiss...
Old 01-19-2007, 08:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Cryptic Gypsy

Leupold. They might not be as clear as that german crap but you can go up the mountainand back down with no worries.
All American.
Leupold buys their glass from Japan and Korea.
Not all American.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:03 PM

ORIGINAL: timbercruiser

ORIGINAL: Cryptic Gypsy

All American.
Leupold buys their glass from Japan and Korea.
Not all American.
At least the biggest part of my money goes to an American family. You can keep on using your high class crap, and keep on giving your money to Z germans,I am glad your happy with it.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:16 AM
Typical Buck

Go someplace that has a wide selection of glass. Spend some time and look through scopes your intersted in. Look through those three brands and then look through a few more as well. Come up with a handful your are seriosly interested in and have the salesman walk outside with you and see how they are under natural light. If they are open in the evening, look through them in low light. Look at the balance in your check book and consider all of lifes obligations realtive to the balance. Now through all that into the equation and buy the scope that fits.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:54 PM
Fork Horn

I bought a Leupold VXIII, size is 4.5x14x50 and it has the 30mm tube and the B&C crosshairs and I love it. So far I have shot one buck @ 110 yards and another @ 130 yardsusing this scope. Did I happen to metion that I love it.

Quick Reply: Leupold, Ziess, or Swavorski

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.