Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

Money Money Money MONEY!

Old 04-19-2004, 12:10 AM

Default Money Money Money MONEY!

Is there any big money to be made in IBO competitions, or is it just for fun? I've never done this before, and I just don't know what to expect. I'd like to watch you guys shoot in a competition just to see what it's like. Do you shoot 3D targets, or other types of targets?
Old 04-19-2004, 09:49 AM

Default RE: Money Money Money MONEY!

Big money ? No way ! I'm sure even the top pros barely make a go of it when you figure all their expenses ? Most of their money comes in contingency money from their sponsors. You may have a great weekend and come close to breaking even for that shoot but over the long haul it is going to cost you money to play the game. How much depends on how far you have to travel, where you stay, how much you spend on food, etc. Some look at it as their yearly vacation and don't mind spending money while others will skimp on the extras and do it as cheaply as they can. It is an individual decision. Most shooters do this for the fun and don't go with the expectations of winning ANYTHING !
Old 04-19-2004, 11:51 AM

millions and millions to be won, if you shot for 2,348 years, and won every shoot all kidding aside, if you are wanting to participate in 3d archery and make money, take up golf or tennis. there is a little money to be won, and you better shoot very well to get it. the attitude that i take is simple, this is a hobby, just like any other, but the bonus is occasionally i will luck up and get a little bonus. i do not shoot for the money, i shoot because i love shooting my bow, and really enjoy the people that i have met over the years. i have yet to attend a shoot i didnt recognize a smiling face i have met in the past, and always meet new people at every shoot.

the ibo is like an extended family, and will always welcome you. just put the money out of your mind, and enjoy yourself. it is much more fun......
Old 04-19-2004, 04:29 PM
pup

so what if you are dave cousins or randy ulmer? are those type ranked guys making bank?
Old 04-19-2004, 05:02 PM

Its nice to know that not all think of $$$$, thanks PaProud and Meador., but we must not forget the American way, $$$$ Yes some do make it to the big time,very,very few, but most enjoy the sport for companionship and for self challange. [:-]
Old 04-19-2004, 08:31 PM

silent string you are right that there are some who make it big, but for the most part, with broken math, i would estimate that less than 1% of participants in archery make a real go of it and can maintain a lifestyle with their earnings. that would be very substantial. with the limited number of archery events, and limited payouts and contingentcy, i would find it hard to maintain a level of earinings equal to a 50,000 dollar a year job. travel, hotels, eats etc......that would definately be a dream job though......i think i will just be happy shooting the ones i can get too, and hanging out with my pals....
Old 04-20-2004, 05:45 AM

LET THE FUN BEGIN
Old 04-20-2004, 11:05 AM

Pup, if memory serves me correct, Ulmer is actually Dr. Ulmer. He is a Vet. in Az I believe, so he doesn't have to "make bank" in archery to make ends meet. If you are shooting for money, you'll go broke. Like some have mentioned, if you want to make a living shooting, well it probably won't be in 3D. Go out and have fun and enjoy the sport and it's challenges. Take care and have fun!!!!!!!!
Old 04-20-2004, 11:13 AM

check this guy out and tell me there isnt money involved....if you win world tournaments that is

Career Highlights:
*2002 ESPN Great Outdoor Games Gold Medalist
*2001 ESPN Great Outdoor Games Gold Medalist
*1998 1st Place ASA ProAm Enterprise
*1987 1st Place IBO National Team Competition
*3-time Buckmaster Outdoor World Champion (bow)
*6 consecutive wins Buckmasters Indoor Qualifier 1993-1998
*Have won 18 Yamaha four-wheelers for 1st ane 2nd place finishes in Buckmasters with bow and rifle
*Have won over $173,000 in cash and prizes with bow and rifle

Equipment:
2003 Hoyt ProTec XT2000 Cam & 1/2 65% Letoff 70# 29"
2003 Hoyt UltraTec XT2000 Cam & 1/2 65% Letoff 70# 29"

Old 04-20-2004, 11:15 AM

Check this guy out, and tell me there isnt money involved

Career Highlights:
*2002 ESPN Great Outdoor Games Gold Medalist
*2001 ESPN Great Outdoor Games Gold Medalist
*1998 1st Place ASA ProAm Enterprise
*1987 1st Place IBO National Team Competition
*3-time Buckmaster Outdoor World Champion (bow)
*6 consecutive wins Buckmasters Indoor Qualifier 1993-1998
*Have won 18 Yamaha four-wheelers for 1st ane 2nd place finishes in Buckmasters with bow and rifle
*Have won over $173,000 in cash and prizes with bow and rifle

http://www.hoytusa.com/pro-staff/sta...ndyhendrix.jpg

Quick Reply: Money Money Money MONEY!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.