logo

Go Back   HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Old 09-16-2012, 08:32 AM   #21
Boone & Crockett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
You know the interesting thing is that no major viruses have struck for many years. I guess sometime in the future we will all find out.
I am wondering if a new one has come out? I lost my hard drive which is not that big of a deal seeing how it is around 6 years old. So I have a new one ordered which is a Seagate with 3 terrabites so I know I will never fill it all up. That one runs at 7200rpms and should be here by Monday at the latest. I can't wait for all the up grades I will have to do.. Mine crashed after doing a windows up grade????

But, at work last night most all the computors crashed for no apparent reason. AT there called me early this morning after working on it all night long. They told me the had lost part of the main frame and it came back up. They do not know why and that still a big part of it is not working. They stated that they are not sure how long anything will keep running. They are completely puzzled by what is going on.
Phil from Maine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:19 AM   #22
Boone & Crockett

Well I guess this link came out just a little to late for me... So I decided to post this for others in case they are interested in it. It could save someone a lot of time and that is not to mention your hard drive..

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/te...tool-1B5948322
Old 09-18-2012, 10:18 AM   #23
Little Doe Peep

Smile

I clicked on your link and checked the Microsoft website for information but found none. We use Microsoft's Security Essentials anti-virus which updates at least once a day so I don't anticipate any problems. We also have Windows and IE set for automatic update so any security measures should be taken care of.

May The Sheep Be With You

My screen name is spelled 幸子 in kanji or さちこ in hiragana

Thanks to our veterans that we are using English

----------------------

From the creating spirit
of heaven and earth
I have received the soul
by which I am who I am

From a goshinka in Yamakage Shinto
sachiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:39 PM   #24
Spike

I personally use Microsoft Security Essentials. The way I look at it is Microsoft made the O/S so who better to develop AV? I have used it and have no problems. It has a low footprint on system resources and you do not notice its there.
McScwizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:07 PM   #25
Boone & Crockett

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachiko View Post
I clicked on your link and checked the Microsoft website for information but found none. We use Microsoft's Security Essentials anti-virus which updates at least once a day so I don't anticipate any problems. We also have Windows and IE set for automatic update so any security measures should be taken care of.

I am sorry the link never worked for you. I do know it is an important issue. That windows only has a temp cure for now. At least that is what it says anyways. It looks like what had caused mine to crash. The same issue at work was the Microsoft Windows issue. They had a lot more work to repair all theirs. They had 4 IT people working at it for 16 hours in order to get every thing back up working correctly. Mine is still down while waiting for a new hard drive to arrive. Hopefully by this weekend I also hope that none of you get hit with that bug..
Old 09-19-2012, 06:30 AM   #26
Little Doe Peep

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil from Maine View Post
I am sorry the link never worked for you. I do know it is an important issue. That windows only has a temp cure for now. At least that is what it says anyways. It looks like what had caused mine to crash. The same issue at work was the Microsoft Windows issue. They had a lot more work to repair all theirs. They had 4 IT people working at it for 16 hours in order to get every thing back up working correctly. Mine is still down while waiting for a new hard drive to arrive. Hopefully by this weekend I also hope that none of you get hit with that bug..
The link worked and I read the article but the Microsoft website said nothing like the article reported. When I read your post, I did a manual virus definition update on both computers and did a virus scan, but apparently we're clean.

My screen name is spelled 幸子 in kanji or さちこ in hiragana

Thanks to our veterans that we are using English

----------------------

From the creating spirit
of heaven and earth
I have received the soul
by which I am who I am

From a goshinka in Yamakage Shinto
sachiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:16 AM   #27
Nontypical Buck

Send a message via Yahoo to halfbakedi420

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spybot_...ch_%26_Destroy

this is the best free one..it removes stuff even after you run avast, norton, macafee and ccleaner.

ĦĹFBĂĶĔЙ
halfbakedi420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:19 AM   #28
Typical Buck

Send a message via AIM to Terasec Send a message via Yahoo to Terasec

i found that many of the pay for antivirus cause more problems than they claim to fix,
i was using microsoft defender, now use microsoft security essentials,
also recommend malwarebytes antimalware, and ccleaner.
Terasec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:36 AM   #29
Spike

Kaspersky internet security 2012 very much better than Norton Internet Security 2012. But the only problem is Kaspersky consumes more ram than the Norton
Nestwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:57 AM   #30
Spike

Microsoft security essential is a good free antivirus program by microsoft but it reuires online access frequently, so make sure you always have net connected to your system.