Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Pennsylvania deer regulations >

Pennsylvania deer regulations

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pennsylvania deer regulations

Old 01-07-2005, 03:44 PM
Typical Buck

Default Pennsylvania deer regulations

my friend has relatives in pennsylvania and we were planning on going hunting there next fall for rifle season
i was wonder how many deer you could take and what you needed for licenses and such and their costs

anyother information that i would need to know is fine also
Old 01-07-2005, 03:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Pennsylvania deer regulations

At least 2 deer. A buck and a doe, possibly more doe depending on the WMU you choose to hunt. NR license is around 101 and a doe tag is 26 Archery and Muzzy stamps are 26 and 21

Here's a link to all the rules

[link]http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/cwp/view.asp?a=460&q=150349[/link]

Good luck!
Old 01-07-2005, 03:53 PM

1 Buck per year per person. The buck must have at least 3 points on one side... some areas the rack must have at least 4 points on one side.
Old 01-07-2005, 04:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

Dont know untill the PGC sets the regs and limits later this year. One thing for sure you can only shoot one buck and it has to make the antler restriction size set. Last year it was 3 points and 4 points to one side. Doe only by doe tag.Tags are only good for the specific management area your hunting in. The doe tags are sold by first come first serve. Like I said regs and prices for next year not decided yet. It is a very confusing system. Several seasons ,overlapping and differnt weapons with specific type weapon. Special regs areas are shotgun. I suggest you check out the PGC website and keep checking in for all the changes for next year. At this time the PGC is in the middle of a program to knock the deer herd in half.Is not like you might have heard several years ago. No 50 or 60 deer herds no more, If your lucky hunting gamelands you might see a couple lots of posted land around.
Old 01-07-2005, 04:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's true that we have less deer but your chances for a decent buck are better than ever. Hunters that put in the time and effort are still doing very well. Expect more of a challenge if you plan on hunting public land but you should still do well if you're willing to get away from the roads. The western Part of the state has the best numbers and the best quality deer.
Old 01-07-2005, 04:40 PM

It's true that we have less deer but your chances for a decent buck are better than ever. Hunters that put in the time and effort are still doing very well.
There is absolutely no evidence to indicate that is true in the majority of the state. While the herd was increasing AR only increased the harvest of 2.5 buck by 9K. Based on the old computer model the herd has been reduced by 40%. Furthermore, in 2002 we had an all time record BB harvest of 77K, which means there were fewer 1.5 buck to be saved by AR in 2003 and fewer 2.5+ buck available in 2004. it is quite likely that the harvest of 2.%= buck in 2004 was no higher than in 2002 ,when none of the 2.%+ buck were saved by AR.
Old 01-07-2005, 06:11 PM
Typical Buck

Just thought i'd give you more informaion to see if this could help any we will be hunting on private ground his relatives have a hunting cabin that they don't use because they are to old near clearville which from i can figure out is in southern pennsylvania

thanks for the posts so far
Old 01-07-2005, 10:06 PM

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

At least 2 deer. A buck and a doe, possibly more doe depending on the WMU you choose to hunt. NR license is around 101 and a doe tag is 26 Archery and Muzzy stamps are 26 and 21

Here's a link to all the rules

[link]http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/cwp/view.asp?a=460&q=150349[/link]

Good luck!

hit the nail right on the head
Old 01-09-2005, 10:08 AM

[quote]ORIGINAL: deaddeer

It's true that we have less deer but your chances for a decent buck are better than ever. Hunters that put in the time and effort are still doing very well.
You are exactly correct! There are PLENTY of nice bucks in the western part of Pennsylvania due to the antler restriction imposed.
Old 01-09-2005, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lefty, Sounds like you have some good times ahead. Anytime I get to spend time with family hunting it's fun! Don't let all the emotion here in PA stop you.

Quick Reply: Pennsylvania deer regulations

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.