If you consider it a sport to gather your food by drilling through 18
inches of ice and sitting there all day hoping that the food will swim
by, you might live in Pennsylvania.
If you're proud that your region makes the national news 96 nights
each year because Bradford is the coldest spot in the nation, you might live in Pennsylvania.
If your local Dairy Queen is closed from November through March, you might live in Pennsylvania.
If you instinctively walk like a penguin for five months out of the
year, you might live in Pennsylvania.
If someone in a store offers you assistance, and they don't work
there, you might live in Pennsylvania.
If your dad's suntan stops at a line curving around the middle of his
forehead, you might live in Pennsylvania.
If you have worn shorts and a parka at the same time, you might live
If your town has an equal number of bars and churches, you might live in Pennsylvania.
If you have had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who
dialed a wrong number, you might live in Pennsylvania.
YOU KNOW YOU ARE A TRUE Pennsylvanian WHEN:
1. "Vacation" means going up north past I-80 for the weekend.
2. You measure distance in hours.
3. You know several people who have hit a deer more than once.
4. You often switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day and back again.
5. You can drive 65 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging
blizzard, without flinching.
6. You see people wearing camouflage at social events (including weddings).
7. You install security lights on your house and garage and leave all the doors unlocked.
8. You carry jumper cables in your car and your girlfriend knows how to use them.
9. You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.
10. Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled
11. You know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter and
12. You can identify a southern or eastern accent.
13. Your idea of creative landscaping is a concrete statue of a deer next to
your blue spruce.
14. You were unaware that there is a legal drinking age.
15. Down South to you means Pittsburgh.
16. A critter is something you eat.
17. Your neighbor throws a party to celebrate his new pole shed.
18. You go out to fish fry every Friday.
19. YOUR 4TH OF JULY PICNIC WAS MOVED INDOORS DUE TO FROST.
20. You have more miles on your snow blower than your car.
21. You find 0 degrees "a little chilly."
22. You actually understand these jokes, and you forward them to all your Pennsylvania friends.