Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Possible Pa state record buck pics (shot last night) >

Possible Pa state record buck pics (shot last night)

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Possible Pa state record buck pics (shot last night)

Old 10-06-2004, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Possible Pa state record buck pics (shot last night)

Here is a pic of a buck that was shot last night in Lancaster county in Rothsville. It has 15 points and could possibly be a new state record. What do ya think? Too bad we have AR in place or else someone could have shot him 3 years ago when he was a 3" spike.

Old 10-06-2004, 07:11 AM

Default RE: Possible Pa state record buck pics (shot last night)

he's a nice one. But every year in Pa we have had a handfull of nice ones. Two years ago on Peters Mt in Dauphin county one was shot a little smaller than this one.

I think its funny though that you attribute it to AR, this buck could have been shot any one of the last 3 years. Junior hunters and military can take any buck, and last year he could have been shot, but like any other season for the last many decades he managed to get by for a few seasons. Thats nothing new.

I think he is great, but his size has little to do with AR. If you looked at it that way, he might of been shot in the 2002 zest for doe. When we harvested more does ,we harvested more button bucks too, could've been whacked then too. But luck and hunting pressure had more to do with it than AR/HR.

Any idea which state game lands he came from??
Old 10-06-2004, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am happy with AR. I don't think AR produced this buck though because this buck is probably 5.5 years old. We will see more big bucks like this because of AR though. I know....JMO.
Old 10-06-2004, 07:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Great buck. He's not the product of AR, but AR will contribute to more like him, as livbucks stated. I say "will" because when you let small bucks walk, they are able to get bigger, and with that age comes wisdom that will further let the buck get older and bigger. Hence, more trophies walking around out there...
Old 10-06-2004, 09:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

What a buck!!!

It will be interesting to learn what his age is. He could well be a product of AR if he is found to be 3.5 years old. Yes, it is possible for 3.5 bucks to look like that! It is amazing that some folks can still rail about AR not working in the face of harvests like this one that, while rare today, were infinitely more rare before AR.

I still cant believe ANY hunter no matter how selfish can resent the fact that kids and our servicemen get a little break that doesnt hurt statistically in the big picture. Shame on you, Chicory[:'(]

I guess or bean counter will chime in next with all the "facts and figures" to prove that this was simply an abberation in spite of all the harm Gary Alt has done[:'(]
Old 10-06-2004, 10:37 AM

That's a freaking huge buck. Hopefully, the AR in NJ pay off. I had to let a tall dark 4 pointer go Monday morning.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:55 PM
Fork Horn

Awesome buck, amazing buck, once in a lifetime for me......I personnaly cringe when I see pictures in the garage on the pavement though......imagine how much better the deer would look if it had a backdrop of autumn leaves??? Just my opinion!
Old 10-06-2004, 04:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree. Pavement and pickup beds dont belong in deer photos. Field photos are so much better! Preferably before the animal is field dressed!
Old 10-06-2004, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Horn wise he could be 3.5. The reason I say 5.5 is the shape of his snout and the body mass. The rolls on his neck and body scream mature to me, and look at his legs and hooves. He is one big hog. I think the Hanson buck was supposedly 3.5, so if we get a bunch living that long we will see the genetic potential that we have around. Alot of factors produce bucks like this but if they all get wacked as babies the world will never know what could be.
Old 10-06-2004, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Anyone remember the buck named "Heartattack" from the Realtree videos? Man this buck reminds me of him.

Quick Reply: Possible Pa state record buck pics (shot last night)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.