Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA 2005 - 2005 the saem as proir year with minor changes >

PA 2005 - 2005 the saem as proir year with minor changes

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA 2005 - 2005 the saem as proir year with minor changes

Old 01-30-2004, 12:02 PM

Default PA 2005 - 2005 the saem as proir year with minor changes

The PGC had their meeting and announced that only minor changes to this years season will occur. Basically mirroring last years. That means, no extended season, no Sunday hunting deer, check it out on their website. They will give final approval for the dates in April.

Sorry guys and gals, I was hoping for a little more time for regular rifle season.

T
Old 01-30-2004, 12:05 PM

Default RE: PA 2005 - 2005 the saem as proir year with minor changes

Sorry, title should have been 2004 - 2005 season.

Tom
Old 01-30-2004, 12:10 PM

Thanks Tomster

Here is the link to that press release.

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/cwp/v...?Q=160863&A=11
Old 01-30-2004, 06:12 PM

I'm worried about the extended bear hunting. I hope we don't over-harvest.
Old 01-30-2004, 07:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

I don't really have much to say. I am sort of happy about the expanded bear harvest areas as I hunt in 4C in addition to 3D. I am a little disappointed that the Game Commission has again expanded another gun season into the time traditionally held for just archery season...even if it is just for junior hunters...but then again it does coincide with the junior pheasant hunting days.....

Just the same one week of effective archery hunting for myself....
Old 01-30-2004, 08:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

im happy.....although one thing i would like to see is a longer flintlock season....or an early flintlock season for bucks or bucks and does...we flintlock hunters do minimal damage to the deer population....less then bow hunters i do believe i dont feel like digging out the book but im pretty sure.....i think it would be nice to have a crack at a buck in the end of october or early november with my flinter....a week hunt or so...flinters only.....even 3 days would be nicer then nothing.....archery season runs forever practically....the flintlock season just isnt long enough....and by the time it starts alot of bucks shed their antlers or are dead already......surprised they arent keeping the late rifle doe season around here(sras) seems they didnt take to many deer at all during that season here....i seen a bunch of orange the first day and the saturdays but not much shooting at all.....a shot or 2 a day or so......and no drag marks or blood or anything except two....and we cover ALOT of land here and its most of whats huntable in the sra in beaver co.......but oh well.....noone will cry we kill to many deer.....i cant wait to see this years numbers....i bet its down......seems noone was hunting......and if you did in rifle season it was too cold for the deer to move so if you didnt drive or still hunt or get lucky and have someone kick one out to you you probally werent seeing much.......i hunted state gamelands the first week and the second day there were only a few of us left.....and not alot of shooting at all the first day....and not very much sign of dragging or anything......call me an idiot for believing the game commision......clear till the last day of flintlock season i seen a ton of deer....i know theres lots out htere still...this year was a tough year....you had to hunt diffrently....kinda like in the old days i think.....large organized drives.....worked for our group......i think too many people cried this year.....but didnt try hunting hard enough.....
Old 01-30-2004, 08:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

hmmmm i take that back....looks like we still have the late rifle season for does here....and looks like we got an extra 5 days.....this year it ended the 10th.....this year its the 15th.....but it starts a day later too......must be a sunday and christmas is on saturday.....i didnt notice the seasons on there when i glanced at the article.....sorry