Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 NYS Capital District Activity >

NYS Capital District Activity

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NYS Capital District Activity

Old 12-05-2003, 09:16 AM

Default NYS Capital District Activity

What activity levels have you seen in the last week or so 2nd rut yet?
Old 12-06-2003, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NYS Capital District Activity

i keep hunting logs for the past 10 years. this season has shown over 50% less deer sightings for myself. Also, i have a circle of about 40 hunters i talk to daily (i own a tavern) and out of all these guys only 7 have seen scrapes in the woods this year. i personally only saw one, and that was the 1st day of bow season!
I am just now beginning to see rubs, but still no scrapes. i know the deer are around, (tracks , droppings) but i can't believe the lack of rut activity here in the capital district. these are areas that usually have the woods torn up by bucks by the opening of turkey season!
deer overpopulation my a$$!
moose
Old 12-06-2003, 10:30 AM

Went out this AM and could not take the snow, walked around to see if I could find some tracks and verify they are around. Did not see any tracks at all, but found a section of the woods that had scrapes all over in one area. Not sure how fresh they are but did not see any movement this A.M. Going to have "lunch w/ Santa" with the kids and will try and sneak out in the afternoon. The wife has about had it w/ the time in the woods this year. Which Tavern do you own Moose? I like in Rotterdam might stop in sometime and say hello.

Sean
Old 12-06-2003, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

its the halfway house tavern in ravena, right on main street. stop on by the 1st ones on me!
lots of mounts and pictures and cool skulls and stuff to check out, too. good luck
moose