Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Got It Done in NJ >

Got It Done in NJ

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Got It Done in NJ

Old 04-21-2020, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Got It Done in NJ

Yesterday seeing how many of you talking about today's hunt got me jealous, I called my doctor around 3pm he called me back at 7pm. I told him my fever wasn't a issue anymore, but still had pain and diarrhea, I asked if I could go hunt, and he said yes the walk and fresh air will be good for the lungs but I must not stop anywhere and must be alone....deal !!! Got my gear ready and totally forgot to get my tag, so 2:30am I printed it up. Drove up to the Peter's Valley area, to a area I see birds often and I wasn't being picky. Got settled in just before 5am. Not one bird heard on roost, about 0610 a lone hen walked by me at 20 yards.....Then around 0645 I hear walking and I could see two heads at about 40 yards, they then decided to walk away from me. I called to them with my diaphragm but I had just took a sip of water so the call sounded wrong (wet), grabbed my Primos Bamboozled call, and both gobbled back....The first one kept heading up hill, I could see him thru the woods well over 100 yards away......I waited about two minutes, then used the call again, the bird in the rear gobbled back and I could see him, and he's coming in.....So I went silent and that's when I turned the camera on......Not the greatest video, but I measured it at 51 yards.....Remington 1187 Super Magnum, 3.5" Winchester Longbeard, 2-1/8 oz., #5, Longbeard Choke

Old 04-21-2020, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

well congrats to you
Old 04-21-2020, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

thank you mrbb