Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
2017 PA Deer Season >

2017 PA Deer Season

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

2017 PA Deer Season

Old 10-07-2017, 08:18 PM
Super Moderator

Default 2017 PA Deer Season

I know archery is already going. I'm not archery hunting PA any this year.

Muzzleloader opens next weekend. I'll be taking my wife out Saturday in 2E and hope to get her onto one.

Then I'll be back to Ohio unril Bear season.

How's PA Deer going so far, anyone stick one with an arrow yet?
Who will be out with the muzzleloader?

-Jake
Old 10-08-2017, 05:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Too hot. Not much moving.
Old 10-17-2017, 09:47 PM
Super Moderator

Took the wife out for PAs antlerless muzzleloader opener...

On the way to our spot for the morning I joked that we'd probably only see bucks....

Shortly after daylight a redfox came through.

Next was two nice 8 points. The second one stopped and she would have had plenty of time to shoot. Watched him through the binoculars...

About 40 minutes later a nice little 12"7 point came in. All the way to about ten yards. Stomped his foot, snorted, stayed in front of us for several minutes. Close enough to spit on.

The seven pointer left and came back around behind us, and did the same routine. We saw the 7 point three more times before 9am....

We got up to move a little after nine. We still hunted out to a very large powerline. I told her the deer bed in the thick power line and we'd move to the edge and glass for a while. Once we got to the edge we found a very nice, large 10point bedded down not even sixty yards away. We set our chairs up and watched him for a while. He eventually got up to move.

We hunted up the edge of the powerline and bumped three doe, they were moving to fast for her to get shot. We came out to the edge of a soybean field, and there, about twenty five yards out was a bigger 7 point feeding. He raised his head, stared right at us, then went back to his meal. Never ran, just fed away.

Later in the afternoon she did get an opportunity to shoot at a doe, but didn't connect.

It was a good day in the woods.

Too bad buck wasn't in!

-Jake
Old 10-20-2017, 11:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sounds like you had about the same day I did. All those buck!!!!! Now just where do they all go during buck season??
Old 10-20-2017, 01:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

I also saw nice buck yesterday, two of them, one standing broadside at 35 yards. I suspect I won't see him on the Monday after Thanksgiving. I did however score on a nice doe.
Old 10-20-2017, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats on the doe OT.

The bucks know when you're after them and when you're not.

-Jake