Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Few New Jersey Bears >

Few New Jersey Bears

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Few New Jersey Bears

Old 09-15-2017, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Few New Jersey Bears

Checked my Camera today
Attached Thumbnails Few New Jersey Bears-mfdc1317.jpg   Few New Jersey Bears-mfdc1332.jpg   Few New Jersey Bears-mfdc1333.jpg   Few New Jersey Bears-mfdc1335.jpg   Few New Jersey Bears-mfdc1339.jpg  

Old 09-15-2017, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Some more pictures for you all
Attached Thumbnails Few New Jersey Bears-mfdc1377.jpg   Few New Jersey Bears-mfdc1388.jpg   Few New Jersey Bears-mfdc1391.jpg   Few New Jersey Bears-mfdc1393.jpg   Few New Jersey Bears-mfdc1436.jpg  

Old 09-15-2017, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

And of course some more
Attached Thumbnails Few New Jersey Bears-mfdc1448.jpg   Few New Jersey Bears-mfdc1511.jpg   Few New Jersey Bears-mfdc1545.jpg   Few New Jersey Bears-mfdc1559.jpg   Few New Jersey Bears-mfdc1562.jpg  

Old 09-15-2017, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

some nice pic's and bears there, last pic, that one is tagged
its cool to get tagged bears, as you can later n if you kill it, get some history on where it was, how big it was and so on, IF the state did its part
they DON"T always do so, many time they GUESS at things, rather than actually weight them, or pull a tooth and age it

again best of luck getting the one you want
Old 09-15-2017, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got one many years ago that was tagged, I got alot of info, I know NJ is very intense on bear research
Old 09-15-2017, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I been lucky over the yrs I managed to get the tag numbers off some of the bears that I have had in my yard, sucking up bird seeds off the ground, I have used a spotting scope and a zoom camera
sure ain';t easy, but I've done it a dozen times or more
here in PA , if you get number, you can call in and they will give you info they have on them
this was a 600 lber I had here last spring, dogging a female
the two showed up here every few day for about 5 weeks, then he left and hasn't been back, but she has!
She had 2 cubs this yr, and both have his white V on there chest!

he even took a nap in my yard for a while, while she hid on my deck, as he was persistent and she was seeking refuge, as it seemed he wouldn;t go on my deck, but she would LOL
it was cool to watch him sleep and her on the deck, catching a break!
but I swear that guy had his nose on radar alert, as when she finally got off my deck, as soon as she got to the bottom step, he was UP and on her, chase began all over again! LOL

Over the yrs here I have seen many bears breed right in my yard!
have a lot of bears here, and food plots and fruit tree's
seems to hold them pretty well yr after yr!
Attached Thumbnails Few New Jersey Bears-big-v-bear-vids-121.jpg   Few New Jersey Bears-big-v-bear-vids-004.jpg   Few New Jersey Bears-big-v-bear-vids-001.jpg   Few New Jersey Bears-big-v-bear-vids-038.jpg   Few New Jersey Bears-big-v-bear-vids-062.jpg  

Old 09-15-2017, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

here's a couple more pic's from my back yard, there coming for apples right now, poor apple yr here however!
first is a tagged female, she was hit by a car last spring, and still has a broken rt rear ankle, that doesn;t seem to heel, or she keeps breaking it again and again

next is two cubs, the smaller cub NOW has a right front that is either broken, or the ankle like, its folded backwards as of a few days ago?
a female cub too!

3rd pic is a rather large male, he is pushing 500+ lbs right now and been getting bigger every time I see him
I think he spends his days in local corn field and evenings here looking for apples?

and another female with just 1 cub
and then smiling for the camera LOL

Hope you don't mind me sharing some bear pic's on your tread!
but thought you would enjoy them being a bear guy
I don't hunt them any more, but glad others still do!
Attached Thumbnails Few New Jersey Bears-100.jpg   Few New Jersey Bears-110.jpg   Few New Jersey Bears-078.jpg   Few New Jersey Bears-120.jpg   Few New Jersey Bears-159.jpg  

Old 09-15-2017, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Damn !!!! Send him over to me here in NJ
Old 09-16-2017, 05:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

HAHA, the state here relocated him about a 100 miles from em once and he made it back in a few months.
he seems to like this area
easy food, lots of land and even though most lands by me are sportsman clubs, few seem to hunt bears or with any success. I think they spend too many hrs in the club house than in the woods>
so I think he's rather happy here, he is also about 12+ yrs old, and one HUGE bear, I know NO one reported his tag last season, so, pretty sure he's still out there some where, but poaching is a heavy deal in this area, so never know with that side of things