HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   Blowgun hunting legal in PA? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/414916-blowgun-hunting-legal-pa.html)

Reaktorblue 07-22-2017 04:03 AM

Blowgun hunting legal in PA?

Is it legal to hunt with a blowgun in PA? There was a section in Title 34 I think it was 2308 (a)(5) that used to say hunting with air, gas or chemical cylinder which was amended late 2016.

Does it now make blowgun hunting legal?

Topgun 3006 07-22-2017 06:59 AM

I'd suggest that you check with state officials that enforce that type of stuff, rather than asking for opinions out on the internet that will probably run the gamut in answers!

Oldtimr 07-22-2017 09:54 AM

No, it is absolutely not legal to hunt with a blowgun in PA. That change in the law was to allow the use of air rifles for certain small game and fur bearing species. I don't know why anyone would want to do it anyway. In places where the natives hunt with a blowgun they are using poison darts which are illegal in every state that I know of. Animals are not targets to play with because someone on a lark wants to use some new toy.

mrbb 07-22-2017 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Oldtimr (Post 4311383)
No, it is absolutely not legal to hunt with a blowgun in PA. That change in the law was to allow the use of air rifles for certain small game and furbearing species. I don't know why anyone would want to do it anyway. In places where the natives hunt with a blowgun they are using poison darts which are illegal in every state that I know of. Animals are not targets to play with because someone on a lark wants to use some.

I agree 100%
why would you want to TRY and kill an animal with a blow gun, when so many better tools exist
if your worried about NOISE< odds are your hunting too close to people to start with!, and they do sell archery gear that is as quiet and more potent

BarnesX.308 07-25-2017 09:31 AM

It's probably the same fascination that has people hunting pigs with spears and knives. Even though smokeless powder was invented a long time ago.

Ridge Runner 07-25-2017 01:34 PM

I wanted to kill a bear with a spear in wv, that's not legal either
RR

Uncle Nicky 07-26-2017 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308 (Post 4311662)
It's probably the same fascination that has people hunting pigs with spears and knives. Even though smokeless powder was invented a long time ago.

Not necessarily. If you are hunting hogs with dogs (especially a catch dog), you don't want to take a chance on shooting your dog, especially a dog that is experienced & talented, it is all up-close & personal. You would be amazed how quickly a large hog bleeds out if stuck correctly.

hatchet jack 08-02-2017 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by barnesx.308 (Post 4311662)
it's probably the same fascination that has people hunting pigs with spears and knives. Even though smokeless powder was invented a long time ago.

tru dat...........

Hj