Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Semi Auto not approved for PA Big Game >

Semi Auto not approved for PA Big Game

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Semi Auto not approved for PA Big Game

Old 04-02-2017, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
PA is one of the few states that disallow the use of semi-autos for big game. I have no idea why. It seems that the PGC continually suffers from rectal/cranial inversion when it comes to major changes in the game laws. Another thing that bugs me is not allowing the use of air rifles for small game. The air rifle technology has come a long way since the ban was introduced way back when. They can set a KE minimum (velocity and pellet diameter) like they do with archery gear (draw weight minimum).
Then there is the no Sunday hunting which is also ridiculous. No reason in the world why Sunday hunting shouldn't be allowed.
I think they did approve the use of Air guns with the semi-auto law. .177 to .22 ???
Old 04-04-2017, 03:41 AM
Typical Buck

Is 22 semi-autos being allowed for squirrel hunting?