Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Semi auto rifles in PA >

Semi auto rifles in PA

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Semi auto rifles in PA

Old 02-04-2017, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by edmehlig
I once spoke to a game warden and asked if I removed the magazine from my 10-22 and hunted squirrels would that be legal? I was told definitely not as the shell was automatically ejected plus it was not permanent thus not disabling the semi auto capability.
In that instance, correct. That is a modification that is too easily modified under field conditions (just put in a magazine). But his wording was incorrect. The law doesn't specify "auto ejection". It specifies "auto loading".
Old 02-05-2017, 07:44 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by muzzlestuffer
No offense taken ! As far as the word "safe" and "spray" and "gun violence" they are all words the left use to brainwash people nowadays and when I said safe it was meant in the true sense of the word that's the only reason I could see regulating semi auto rifles around highly populated hunting areas because we all know there are a bunch of knuckle heads out there! Imo lol
"They" also use most all the rest of the words in the dictionary, the same dictionary "we" use.

May be we should all take up sign language to distinguish our selves from "them".
Old 02-05-2017, 07:48 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
the main safety is the guy behind the trigger, some can safely hunt in a subdivision with an AR, some shouldn't use a slingshot, but they hafta pass laws for stupid folks
RR
If it weren't for stupid people and narcissistic people we wouldn't need any laws at all of any kind.

It's the biggest motivating factor behind just about every law or rule of any kind. Stupid people are the REASON the rest of us are willing to abide law at all.
Old 02-05-2017, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

many many yrs back a game warden when on WNEP Tv 16 Pa outdoors and stated there was a limit on how many rounds you can have in your rifle in firearm season
and he was wrong, a few weeks later he had to make a retraction on the show

game wardens are humans, they make mistakes like anyone else, and wording can be tricky, and used against one real fats in todays world, even on simple things like forums

the definition of a semi, by again MY understanding, is however IF it self ejects, its a semi
so a 10/22 with mag out is far from being that, as would any FIREARM that ejects using spent gas from being fired
and blocking that gas can be dangerous, so BAD idea on many of them!

and I fully agree there are a TON of reasons MOST folks think NO SUNDAY hunting is what it is

there is just more folks that DON"T want it than do, and till that changes, it won';t budge I think?
Old 02-16-2017, 06:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

As far as Sunday hunting goes I'm all for it. This BS that there are more people out in the woods taking "nature walks", although possibly true in some areas, is not a valid argument.
Take PA's rifle bear season for example. I, along with many other hunters, head to the camp on Friday, hunt Saturday, then have to sit around all day Sunday twiddling our thumbs when we could be out hunting. No Sunday hunting is ridiculous.
Old 02-17-2017, 10:46 PM
Super Moderator

But Bronk, the Deer and Bear need a "break"... right, at least that's what I've heard many times? I believe the biggest reason to allow sunday hunting is to get more kids involved. I've often heard it's landowners who are against the sunday hunting... And that may be, but it's as easy as saying " Yes, you can hunt here. But don't hunt on Sunday." Sunday hunting would basically double the amount of hunting days a youth could get out.
-Jake
Old 02-19-2017, 03:02 PM
Dominant Buck

I am sure the no Sunday hunting laws in a few states date back to outdated blue laws that people don't want to deal with for a variety of reasons. Some believe that people not being able to buy alcohol or go hunting will be in church instead.
Old 02-19-2017, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes it always comes back to the church folks. I've just always found it fascinating that no matter WHO I talk to, either on forums or in real, are all for Sunday hunting yet somehow it always gets shot down. It just doesn't add up. If the "land owners" are against it, and I really don't think there are many, then they don't have to hunt on Sundays! But for an entire state to bow to the wishes of a FEW is against all America stands for. Put to a state wide poll/vote and I'd bet just about anything that you will get a HUGE response in favor of Sunday hunting opening up. Better yet, open the vote to LICENSED hunters (virtually eliminating the Anti votes) and Id bet you would get at LEAST a 70% in favor vote. It's the hunters that pay for the State Game lands. Let their money speak for them!
Old 02-19-2017, 08:55 PM
Super Moderator

I think it would be higher than 70% even. And I consider myself a "church folk" I personally would still be in church Sunday morning most weeks if hunting was open. Admittedly, I would skip for the Bear season on Sunday, there's only a few days a year to hunt them. But I doubt I'd skip any other services for hunting. But I would probably be hunting sunday evening. And just because I choose to be in church sunday, doesn't mean my neighbor shouldn't be able to be out hunting, or have his kid out hunting. I highly doubt not having Sunday hunting increases church attendance anywhere. I grew up hunting in Ohio, who allows sunday hunting. I would hunt in the morning, until 9, then run (literally) back to the house and be showered up and in my parents car by 920 to be headed to church.
-Jake
Old 02-25-2017, 12:16 PM
Typical Buck

not going to run out and buy any semi's to hunt deer with. been hunting with my old rifles and dont see the use in changing. very seldom need a second shot as i make my first shot count. i wont shoot unless i am sure i can make a clean hit the first time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.