Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Bear season

Old 11-05-2016, 11:31 PM
Super Moderator

Default PA Bear season

Bear season is almost here. I'll be out the second half of Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Unfortunately I gotta miss the first Day on Saturday. Anyone else going out? I'll be in Indiana county unless I can find a group to hook up with somewhere else. Watching a PA Bear hunting Facebook page trying to hook on with a group somewhere.
-Jake
Old 11-08-2016, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I may hunt 3B on that Saturday. If not, we can hunt bear opening week of buck.
Old 11-09-2016, 03:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Jake - I sent you a PM. You can come up my camp if you like
Old 11-09-2016, 11:55 PM
Super Moderator

Got it Bronko, responded. Thank you!
-Jake
Old 11-16-2016, 07:44 AM
Super Moderator

Shot the rifle again today, went over my list and have everything laid out to pack. I don't leave until Monday but I work a ton of hours between now and then so I wanted everything ready. Good luck to anyone else going out.
-Jake
Old 11-20-2016, 11:21 PM
Super Moderator

Saturday harvest was a little lower than everybody was expecting I think because of the bad weather coming through midday. Monday will have snow though and if people are out it should be a good day... I work until 7am then making the four hour drive over. Hopefully in the woods shortly after noon. Good luck everyone!
-Jake
Old 11-23-2016, 08:57 PM
Super Moderator

Had a great time at the camp with Bronko. He's got a great place there, and you can tell it's a good bear area. Didn't see any, but did hear shooting a couple hundred yards behind me and that group said they shot about a 150lbs bear. I'm already excited to get back up there next year. And when Bronko says them mountains are steep, he isn't joking. Between the loose rock, and the leaves on the ground, if you started to slip you would keep on sliding for a ways. Was able to hunt the second half of Monday, all day Tuesday, then I had to head home for some thanksgiving prep and I snuck out to the game lands Wednesday evening. Enjoyable couple of days. Bring on deer season
-Jake
Old 11-26-2016, 08:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

It is a good area for sure. Maybe not the best but good. In the past 20 years our little camp consisting of 3-5 members has taken 8 bear and passed on 2 or 3. Also this isn't counting the multiple bear sightings when one was harvested. I know of at least 2 occasions when 4 came in to one of us at a single time. Considering we hunt solo (not driving) that is a pretty good record.
Old 12-01-2016, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

We got a bear out of our camp in Sullivan County PA on the buck opener. Extended bear season in 3B. It was 291 pounds live. My buddy's first bear. And he was briefly in an opening that he just cut shooting lanes for two weeks ago. Last year, he would have had no shot.