Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Bow and 22 rifle in tree stand >

Bow and 22 rifle in tree stand

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Bow and 22 rifle in tree stand

Old 04-28-2016, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bow and 22 rifle in tree stand

I always see lots of squirrels while bow hunting... Was wondering if it was legal to have both bow and 22 rifle in stand while hunting?
Old 04-28-2016, 07:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nope it isn't legal to do that in PA. You may only possess a gun and a bow in archery season if it is a handgun and you have a license to carry and it can only be used for self defense. You have to choose, deer or squirrels. Page 32 of the current digest explains it.
Old 04-28-2016, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

you can only be in possession of one hunting weapon at a time, so NO s posted above
you can carry a handgun as a CCW deal, but it cannot be used for hunting, its either a CCW gun, or , its as if your hunting with it!, cannot have it both ways!
Old 04-29-2016, 05:11 AM
Typical Buck

Are you allowed to carry a few judo points? If so hunt them with your bow
Old 04-30-2016, 04:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Here in Maine it is illegal as well.. How ever you can carry a pistol with you for the purpose of self defense or to dispatch a deer once it has been down from the bow.. But that is here in Maine..
Old 04-30-2016, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for info... I forgot to add I'd be hunting in Md... But I'm sure it is the same... Thanks again... Squirrels by morning deer afternoon��
Old 05-01-2016, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Longbeard, a suggestion was made that I have done for a long time now. Get you some judo points and some cheap arrows that you won't mind getting busted up if you hit the squirrel in the tree. I've "silenced" my fair share of angry squirrels in the tree right behind or right next to me a few times using my deer rigs. Expensive doing that But it was worth it to shut the little barkers up because they woke up with me parked in the tree next to their den! I always carry 3 or 4 "junkers" in my quiver nowadays to "silence" the rude Also pretty good for the occasional groundhog at the field edge as well!
Old 05-04-2016, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good inFo