Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Bear Season

Old 11-26-2015, 11:05 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mr. Slim
how you doing tom? I knew your family well. I'm the one they called chubs. one of the sinclairs. I remember hunting with harry and the boys and your dad and jim and you. we used to hunt over by substation road. I see jim every once in a while. did you see any bear while hunting? HAPPY THANKGIVING.
Mr. Slim, I know some Sinclairs from working with the youth at Kenwood Nazarene Church.
-Jake
Old 11-26-2015, 11:07 AM
Super Moderator

HJ,

I can't make that decision for you, but if you have a chance at a PA Bear, I'd take one. That's just me though. Sounds like a good hunting spot either way. I'll be out monday, 1st Friday and 2nd Saturday. Should at least be able to get a doe the last day, but hopefull for a buck. I'll be out Wed and Thur for Ohio shotgun season and have seen several buck on the land I'll be hunting. Good luck to you, sounds like you have a good spot.
-Jake
Old 11-26-2015, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BOWHUNTERCOP
HJ, I don't hunt the PA side of the Delaware Gap land, I hunt the NJ side,between the Milford Bridge and the Digmans Bridge, send over some bucks and bears to NJ
I hunt some of the State land right near the Digmans Bridge off of Rt 739. I hunt NJ myself down near Lambertville . I been looking at some of the NJ State land up that Milford/Digmans area on the maps. Going to scout some of that area out in late winter early spring. I am heading up Saturday for the PA Gun season on Monday. Maybe sometime we can meet up that way and get together. Be Safe!!

HJ
Old 11-26-2015, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
HJ,

I can't make that decision for you, but if you have a chance at a PA Bear, I'd take one. That's just me though. Sounds like a good hunting spot either way. I'll be out monday, 1st Friday and 2nd Saturday. Should at least be able to get a doe the last day, but hopefull for a buck. I'll be out Wed and Thur for Ohio shotgun season and have seen several buck on the land I'll be hunting. Good luck to you, sounds like you have a good spot.
-Jake
Thanks . Yeah I might shoot a Bear if I get a chance, will see. Good Luck Monday PA gun and in Ohio. I will be hunting in Ohio the last week of Jan on a late season Archery hunt with Southern Ohio Outfitters. Be Safe !!

HJ
Old 11-26-2015, 06:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

I didn't see any during the archery season. But I did pass on a smallish (125 lb) bear on Saturday afternoon. I had the .58 cal muzzleloader's front bead just behind his (or her) shoulder but decided it was too small. I already took 4 bear in PA so the next one is going to have to be a real bruiser before I drop the hammer on it.
Old 11-27-2015, 03:39 AM
Super Moderator

Hey Bronk, just curious. Do you know the weights on the four bear you have taken? A muzzleloader bear would have made a great story. But I understand why you passed it.
-Jake
Old 11-27-2015, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

HJ, when your going up to scout the NJ side let me know as I know the NJ side well.....we can meet up
Old 11-28-2015, 09:31 AM
Typical Buck

tom, do you remember Darlene Painter? I married her older sister Kathy. they lived beside old Sam Jack on Allegheny ave. I was fireman at the same time as Jim. I lived down on the same block as the Bufalini's. hope that helps.
Old 11-29-2015, 08:36 AM
Typical Buck

bocajnala, as far as I know I have no relations from around Indiana. I was raised in Avonmore.
Old 11-29-2015, 12:34 PM
Typical Buck

mr slim now it hits me like a 40 lb sledge who you are i can remember hunting with you up @ lefty stovers jim tells me that thats owned by his daughter & cliff andrea owns all around that area my uncle andy has propery across the road heading towards towards saltsburg can't remember the name of that big hill leading into saltsbugh it either mercer hill or mutton town hill . hey good luck tomorrow. jims heading over by alcola on 780 said him & garret have seen some big bucks in there myself will be in wellington oh hunting with my son & my best friend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.