Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Doe Tags in 5c/5D >

Doe Tags in 5c/5D

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Doe Tags in 5c/5D

Old 09-05-2015, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Doe Tags in 5c/5D

Are sold out way to early if you ask me. I think PETA bought up Big Blocks of tags again like last year. The PGC MUST look into this and do something about it. PETA is throwing a monkey wrench into what the PGC is doing with the Deer Herd in SR area of 5c/5d. If this is true something must be done. Its not fair to the Hunters and the people of PA!!!!!

HJ
Old 09-06-2015, 02:40 PM
Spike

never really thought of it that way but I guess its possible and if they buy a hunting liecense they can buy all the doe tags they what in 5c and 5d and I don't think pgc could do anything about it
Old 09-06-2015, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's a legal form of interference. The problem with Laws is there is almost always a loophole.
Old 09-07-2015, 12:35 PM
Fork Horn

The only way to manage that in my eyes is after the main draw the only way to get a Doe tag is shoot one get another tag. Problem with that is everyone would get 1 tag and if you hunt another area your out of luck until you fill that tag and request another. Plus you would have to check the deer in somewhere to get a voucher for another tag. There would still be people taking tags but they couldn't go buy large amounts.
Old 09-07-2015, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by c-rad
The only way to manage that in my eyes is after the main draw the only way to get a Doe tag is shoot one get another tag. Problem with that is everyone would get 1 tag and if you hunt another area your out of luck until you fill that tag and request another. Plus you would have to check the deer in somewhere to get a voucher for another tag. There would still be people taking tags but they couldn't go buy large amounts.
That wouldn't work in the SR areas. Most of the people that have multiple tags there take more than one a day. I usually took 2, sometimes 3 in a day there for several years in a row. If you had to go check a deer in every time to get another tag you will blow the chances at multiple drops for one, and you are blowing the area for another deer for that day at least.
Old 10-02-2015, 04:28 PM
Spike

Only 75,000 tags in 5C this year.

Few years back, over 110,000.

Might be a reason they sold out faster?