Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Scent ban in Pa? >

Scent ban in Pa?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Scent ban in Pa?

Old 08-30-2015, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BigTime1
You keep coming back with this stuff of Prions being found in Urine. Show the class 1...Just 1 case of the CWD prion being found in any urine....THAT WAS NOT PUT THERE BY MAN! I only ask for 1 case. Just 1 documented case of natural CWD prion in urine with no help from man.
You have already been shown. Deer infected with CWD prions were urine tested. Prions were found in urine. It matters not, in no way shape form or fashion, HOW the DEER was infected, just that it was. It is not feasible to go around the country testing wild deer that may or may not be infected. The world doesn't work that way no matter how much you rant and rave. For conclusive testing you have to test captive animals. Period. You try to put it in a way that makes people think that the researchers are placing the prions directly in the urine and saying it was found there when you know full well that isn't the case. They test captive infected animals. It's the only way they can do it. You know this but you don't want others to know it even though anyone with common sense can see it. You want them to think it's some Government conspiracy having researchers plant the evidence. Or the people that hate zoo shoots.

You have been provided with several pages of documentation where a test for the CWD prion in urine has been found and while still very expensive, it is one step closer in the fight against this disease. It means that LIVE TESTING is now possible!

You keep saying "what about the other vectors of infection?" Well here's a question for you, how do you think those other vectors GOT INFECTED? Answer: through urine, feces, and saliva from infected animals!

Now, every one of your arguments have been shown false. You have YET to provide any documentation to ANY of your claims of falsehoods of urine testing. While several of us HAVE shown documentation to the POSITIVE tests done on urine of infected animals. All you can do is rant and rave and stomp your feet and cry foul when you know full well what has been shown to you is proof of it.
Old 08-31-2015, 04:18 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
You have already been shown. Deer infected with CWD prions were urine tested. Prions were found in urine. It matters not, in no way shape form or fashion, HOW the DEER was infected, just that it was. It is not feasible to go around the country testing wild deer that may or may not be infected. The world doesn't work that way no matter how much you rant and rave. For conclusive testing you have to test captive animals. Period. You try to put it in a way that makes people think that the researchers are placing the prions directly in the urine and saying it was found there when you know full well that isn't the case. They test captive infected animals. It's the only way they can do it. You know this but you don't want others to know it even though anyone with common sense can see it. You want them to think it's some Government conspiracy having researchers plant the evidence. Or the people that hate zoo shoots.

You have been provided with several pages of documentation where a test for the CWD prion in urine has been found and while still very expensive, it is one step closer in the fight against this disease. It means that LIVE TESTING is now possible!

You keep saying "what about the other vectors of infection?" Well here's a question for you, how do you think those other vectors GOT INFECTED? Answer: through urine, feces, and saliva from infected animals!

Now, every one of your arguments have been shown false. You have YET to provide any documentation to ANY of your claims of falsehoods of urine testing. While several of us HAVE shown documentation to the POSITIVE tests done on urine of infected animals. All you can do is rant and rave and stomp your feet and cry foul when you know full well what has been shown to you is proof of it.
My god man..What part are you having a problem with? Here is the research your buddy put up.

If this link below with all kinds of testing and facts regarding deer urine infected with the CWD prions doesn't shut him up, then a Mod should because all he's doing is violating site rules by attacking people that are trying to have a meaningful conversation and give him the facts he's asking for!

http://chronic-wasting-disease.blogs...c-wasting.html

And here are the first 3 parts i pulled apart from that research...

Oh my god please. You couple talk about kindergarten class education.

First you post something from a quack Terry Singleterry, A guy that did not even graduate high school!!! So i did not get down 3 paragraphs and have enough to show how uneducated you really are on the subject of CWD prions transmitted in urine.

[A]We report on detection of CWD prions in urine collected from pre-symptomatic deer and in fecal extracts by using real time (((((quaking-induced conversion))))))_____ Do you know what quaking induced conversion even means????

B,We demonstrate that CWD prions are detectable in urine of ((((orally infected deer))))) prior to the onset of clinical symptoms________ Again...How easy is this...WE DEMONSTRATE THAT CWD PRIONS ARE DETECTABLE IN----ORALLY INFECTED DEER?????? Do you know what that means???? A needle and syringe put CWD in the urine! There is a edited by JW - HNI Rule 1 - Reason - languageof a big difference between man and a needle and natural infection of a disease. Simple!

C,In summary, we demonstrate that CWD prions can be detected by RT-QuIC in urine of (((orally infected white-tailed deer))) [/B]and mule deer at a pre-symptomatic stage of the disease_______ Again i think a kindergarten student would understand what this means. A deer did not transmit CWD....Man did...Again.

So in summery you and nobody else has any facts or cases of CWD prion found naturally in a whitetail deer. Period.

You couple say you are so educated? I really hope you can decipher this and comprehend what it means? All theory and no facts.
Please come back with facts and truths and not spew a bunch of maybe's and what if's.

Still waiting for the reply on your thoughts of shutting down any grain and hay sales in any CWD positive states? Has to be done!!!

So do you expect us to believe that just because a man can put CWD prion into deer urine then the same deer can make and spread the urine itself? WRONG....It has never been proven! Period.

You say test our farm deer......We have...Many times tested Brain and Node positive deer and cant even find it in their urine!!!!! That is the exact reason you cant show 100% proof that the whitetail deer can indeed make and spread CWD prions in their urine!!!

All guesses and speculations....Even by the white coat researchers!!!

Sorry!!!

Last edited by JW; 08-31-2015 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Rule 1 Language - edited again as I can't spell!
Old 08-31-2015, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Again, just YOUR words with no conclusive research backing it up. "Terry didn't graduate high school" isn't a rebuttal nor conclusive evidence. Terry didn't do the research. He compiled a list of the research for all to see. It doesn't take a high school diploma to compile research pages. My grandkids can do it and they aren't even IN high school yet!

Yes I do know what the quaking conversion is and it is obvious to anyone that has read this it is YOU that doesn't understand it. All the quaking conversion is is a TEST PROCEDURE. It's a vibratory conversion factor using various elements for fracturing and separating. Kind of how they have used the centrifuge for a hundred years or so for separating heavier cells from liquids like Red Blood cells from the plasma only MUCH more efficient and separating at a molecular level which is needed to detect the prions. It's also using bonding agents to identify those prions. Unlike you, I am educated and tend to do my homework before a discussion. You keep bringing up Terry's lack of a diploma, where's yours? Mine is from Georgia Tech in engineering. My other diploma isn't finished yet. It's called a LIFETIME of experience with wildlife and nature.
And again with the little man in the white coat putting CWD into the urine? No they put it in the DEER. Now, are you trying to tell all these good folks that you can't test research animals conclusively? So all the testing they do on research animals such as mice and rabbits and monkeys is for nothing? Lordy all lets shut down the whole research program world wide because it's not a conclusive test according to BigTime1! You can't infect an animal then test it's urine later because nature didn't do it so it's inconclusive according to BigTime1!! Do you practice being that dim or does it come naturally? How else can you test without control subjects? YOU CAN'T! You can do some computer modeling and SOME of the research but you can NOT get definitive results without a control testing of the disease. Now, do I need to explain control testing to you as well? Again now, since you are obviously a little slow picking things up, the researchers did NOT put the prions into the URINE, they put them into the DEER. Orally, the same as a deer would contract the disease in the wild. Your insinuation that they are placing the prions into the urine then testing the urine is ludicrous and bordering onto slander if not completely crossing the slander line.
Old 08-31-2015, 05:57 PM
Spike

Again, just YOUR words with no conclusive research backing it up. "Terry didn't graduate high school" isn't a rebuttal nor conclusive evidence. Terry didn't do the research. He compiled a list of the research for all to see. It doesn't take a high school diploma to compile research pages. My grandkids can do it and they aren't even IN high school yet!

Yes I do know what the quaking conversion is and it is obvious to anyone that has read this it is YOU that doesn't understand it. All the quaking conversion is is a TEST PROCEDURE. It's a vibratory conversion factor using various elements for fracturing and separating. Kind of how they have used the centrifuge for a hundred years or so for separating heavier cells from liquids like Red Blood cells from the plasma only MUCH more efficient and separating at a molecular level which is needed to detect the prions. It's also using bonding agents to identify those prions. Unlike you, I am educated and tend to do my homework before a discussion. You keep bringing up Terry's lack of a diploma, where's yours? Mine is from Georgia Tech in engineering. My other diploma isn't finished yet. It's called a LIFETIME of experience with wildlife and nature.
And again with the little man in the white coat putting CWD into the urine? No they put it in the DEER. Now, are you trying to tell all these good folks that you can't test research animals conclusively? So all the testing they do on research animals such as mice and rabbits and monkeys is for nothing? Lordy all lets shut down the whole research program world wide because it's not a conclusive test according to BigTime1! You can't infect an animal then test it's urine later because nature didn't do it so it's inconclusive according to BigTime1!! Do you practice being that dim or does it come naturally? How else can you test without control subjects? YOU CAN'T! You can do some computer modeling and SOME of the research but you can NOT get definitive results without a control testing of the disease. Now, do I need to explain control testing to you as well? Again now, since you are obviously a little slow picking things up, the researchers did NOT put the prions into the URINE, they put them into the DEER. Orally, the same as a deer would contract the disease in the wild. Your insinuation that they are placing the prions into the urine then testing the urine is ludicrous and bordering onto slander if not completely crossing the slander line.
Ok...Here we go again....Lets make it easy on you and your self issued PHD......Can you show where a whitetail deer has ever been found with the CWD prions in their urine with mans hands involved? Be it wild animals, Be it tame animals,Be it already tested positive animals or freshly tested clean animals. Man can inject anything into anything and say there is a chance of anything happening! The problem you have is that there has never been a case in the wild or the fenced deer to warrant anyone trying to throw scare tactics to people saying it might happen. They said that about Ebola and look where that got them. Whens the last time ya heard about that man killer?
When you get true 100% facts that a whitetail has been found with CWD in its urine you feel free to come back and show it. Until then its all what if's and speculations on everyones part!
Old 08-31-2015, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes here YOU go again spouting off intangibles that can't be proven by you because they are incorrect. I and others have already shown you pages upon pages of the proof you keep asking for and you keep denying the simple facts. Your wrong, your clearly deranged if you actually think anything you have said so far is the truth, and you keep on trying to blow smoke up peoples rear. You are clearly uneducated as you can't seem to grasp the simplest FACTS that have been shown here. The urine test I showed you was tested from infected animals. Not putting the prions into the urine for the test but testing the urine from infected animals. However many times you want to close your eyes to the truth matters not. You keep asking for proof even after 100% positive proof has been given. Your denial matters nothing in the real world. You have an agenda to keep your zoo shoot running and that's all well and fine. But flat out lies and trying your best to twist the truth will not work here. There are just too many educated folks here that will bust you every time.
Old 09-01-2015, 03:52 AM
Spike

Yes here YOU go again spouting off intangibles that can't be proven by you because they are incorrect. I and others have already shown you pages upon pages of the proof you keep asking for and you keep denying the simple facts. Your wrong, your clearly deranged if you actually think anything you have said so far is the truth, and you keep on trying to blow smoke up peoples rear. You are clearly uneducated as you can't seem to grasp the simplest FACTS that have been shown here. The urine test I showed you was tested from infected animals. Not putting the prions into the urine for the test but testing the urine from infected animals. However many times you want to close your eyes to the truth matters not. You keep asking for proof even after 100% positive proof has been given. Your denial matters nothing in the real world. You have an agenda to keep your zoo shoot running and that's all well and fine. But flat out lies and trying your best to twist the truth will not work here. There are just too many educated folks here that will bust you every time.
EXCUSE ME? You have shown a wild or penned whitetail deer found with CWD prion in its urine without any doings of man???????

Buddy..You show me that deer, where,when and what state that deer was found in and i promise you i will sign off this site never to be heard of again!!!!
There you have it. Please reshow that deer/case!
Old 09-01-2015, 06:14 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Thread closed for a bit -
Reason HNI Rule Violations ~
It will be reopened.

JW
Moderator.