Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Scent ban in Pa? >

Scent ban in Pa?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Scent ban in Pa?

Old 08-28-2015, 06:34 AM
Typical Buck

Anyone wonder who the people pushing this ban work for or where the money comes to lobby the legislators in all these states? Seems the same few names keep popping up to ban scents?
Old 08-28-2015, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BigTime1
Do you have problems reading...Post after post above that shows the only CWD found in urine was put there by man! the only work you have is to push agenda's!

You say its there and has been found in whitetails! I will talk slow for ya.

SHOW THE NATURAL CASE OF CWD FOUND IN WHITETAIL DEER!
I don't think you then understand how science in regards to viruses, bacteria, or other diseases is done then. Even AIDS and many other diseases have been tested and verified using the same methods of inducing the a disease in a test animal and then performing other tests for results. This is the way labs all over the world have been doing things for many years. So please in regards to my reading issue, explain how this science is done then, or incorrectly being done.

When you can answer that, we will then progress to the other information you seemed to either ignore or just plain didn't read in the posts provided.
Old 08-28-2015, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by vapahunter
Anyone wonder who the people pushing this ban work for or where the money comes to lobby the legislators in all these states? Seems the same few names keep popping up to ban scents?
So you and Edited by JW and WildOudoorsWhtl have no legs to stand on and can't verify a single word you type with documentation. You ask US to verify and provide documentation, which we did, and you simply ignore all empirical evidence. So, not being able to prove your points in any manner whatsoever other than your ridiculous claims, you rant about Government conspiracy and lobbyist control! You wearing your tin foil hat now? THAT'S IT,I figured it all out now, how did I miss it, THE ALIENS DONE IT!

Last edited by JW; 08-28-2015 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Rule 8 Flaming
Old 08-28-2015, 10:29 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
So you and Edited by JW and WildOudoorsWhtl have no legs to stand on and can't verify a single word you type with documentation. You ask US to verify and provide documentation, which we did, and you simply ignore all empirical evidence. So, not being able to prove your points in any manner whatsoever other than your ridiculous claims, you rant about Government conspiracy and lobbyist control! You wearing your tin foil hat now? THAT'S IT,I figured it all out now, how did I miss it, THE ALIENS DONE IT!
I am not trying to make a point but to get answers to basic simple questions. Now who is wearing the tin foil hat. All I ask is to show where testing has positively shown that use of Deer scents causes the spread of CWD. And you cannot show it anywhere. Where did I rant about government conspiracy and lobbyist control? Please shop where I did that. You seem to be loosing it a little here. This is getting very strange here.

Last edited by JW; 08-28-2015 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Rule 8 Flaming
Old 08-28-2015, 11:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

I am not trying to make a point but to get answers to basic simple questions. Now who is wearing the tin foil hat. All I ask is to show where testing has positively shown that use of Deer scents causes the spread of CWD. And you cannot show it anywhere. Where did I rant about government conspiracy and lobbyist control? Please shop where I did that. You seem to be loosing it a little here. This is getting very strange here.
So what you're saying is go ahead and take the big chance even with it already known that CWD prions have been found in urine and feces and wait until it happens! Wouldn't you rather be proactive like many of the game departments are doing and try to stop EVERY potential avenue BEFORE it happens? The answer is apparently not from the rants that you have been posting!
Old 08-28-2015, 02:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man another one that can't read their own damn writing. Look up right there, you are stating lobbyists right there!!!!!!!!! What the hell do you think a lobbyist is???? And if you were looking for proof, there has been SEVERAL pages of it posted in this damn thread for you non reading morons. Yes mods I'm getting irked. They ask for proof, proof is provided, they say that's not proof yet can't seem to provide ANY substantiated proof against it!!!!!! It's becoming a circular argument with these 3 or 4 idiots not being able to comprehend simple and understandable facts. It's not so much they don't understand it, it's the simple fact they don't want anyone ELSE to understand it! Now here vapa, I'll try to spell this out for you so that your tiny mind MIGHT be able to comprehend it.....Here goes...

CWD prions (that's them little tiny things that are bad for deer) HAVE been found in urine from infected animals. Now, seeing as how CWD is most commonly found among captive Whitetail, Elk, and Mule Deer and these urine based scents COULD possibly be infected with the CWD prion (reminder, the little thingies that are bad for deer) doesn't it make sense to not use them and possibly spread this disease to your whitetails? I seriously don't see why this is so damn difficult to understand. It's a preventative measure to help insure the safety of your own local wildlife resource.

Now edited by JW will come on here and try to say that there are no positive cases of CWD prions (reminder, that's them little thingies that are bad for deer) in urine even though he has been shown empirical evidence to the contrary. According to him and his theory, there's little docs running around the country with syringes putting the prions in the urine and in the ground and crops. I guess the poor guys money depends on whitetail urine. Not enough lazy slobs willing to pay 10,000+ dollars for shooting a big ole buck in a can for it to sustain him? They are developing and testing procedures for QUICK identification of the CWD prion (reminder, that's them little thingies that are bad for deer) and on a MUCH cheaper scale than current testing can be done. Until these tests can be perfected and VERIFIED as well as the cost being brought down to a sustainable rate that the deer farmers can afford then not using natural deer urine scent products makes complete and total sense to ANYONE with an ounce of common sense. Now, if that hasn't answer your questions (and I doubt you had the real question in the first place) then you sir are not going to get it nor do you seem to want to.

Last edited by JW; 08-28-2015 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Rule 8 Flaming
Old 08-28-2015, 06:20 PM
Typical Buck

Man another one that can't read their own damn writing. Look up right there, you are stating lobbyists right there!!!!!!!!! What the hell do you think a lobbyist is???? And if you were looking for proof, there has been SEVERAL pages of it posted in this damn thread for you non reading morons. Yes mods I'm getting irked. They ask for proof, proof is provided, they say that's not proof yet can't seem to provide ANY substantiated proof against it!!!!!! It's becoming a circular argument with these 3 or 4 idiots not being able to comprehend simple and understandable facts. It's not so much they don't understand it, it's the simple fact they don't want anyone ELSE to understand it! Now here vapa, I'll try to spell this out for you so that your tiny mind MIGHT be able to comprehend it.....Here goes...

CWD prions (that's them little tiny things that are bad for deer) HAVE been found in urine from infected animals. Now, seeing as how CWD is most commonly found among captive Whitetail, Elk, and Mule Deer and these urine based scents COULD possibly be infected with the CWD prion (reminder, the little thingies that are bad for deer) doesn't it make sense to not use them and possibly spread this disease to your whitetails? I seriously don't see why this is so damn difficult to understand. It's a preventative measure to help insure the safety of your own local wildlife resource.

Now edited by JWwill come on here and try to say that there are no positive cases of CWD prions (reminder, that's them little thingies that are bad for deer) in urine even though he has been shown empirical evidence to the contrary. According to him and his theory, there's little docs running around the country with syringes putting the prions in the urine and in the ground and crops. I guess the poor guys money depends on whitetail urine. Not enough lazy slobs willing to pay 10,000+ dollars for shooting a big ole buck in a can for it to sustain him? They are developing and testing procedures for QUICK identification of the CWD prion (reminder, that's them little thingies that are bad for deer) and on a MUCH cheaper scale than current testing can be done. Until these tests can be perfected and VERIFIED as well as the cost being brought down to a sustainable rate that the deer farmers can afford then not using natural deer urine scent products makes complete and total sense to ANYONE with an ounce of common sense. Now, if that hasn't answer your questions (and I doubt you had the real question in the first place) then you sir are not going to get it nor do you seem to want to.
I mention those pushing for the ban on here and other places. No you have not shown any proof that natural Deer Scents used by hunters contribute to the spread of CWD. What you have shown is that CWD prions MAY be found in deer urine. Sorry but your lobbying and hard selling a ban on something that has no basis is like the ban on ALAR in apples that everyone said caused cancer yet after extensive testing it was found to be false. Do the testing first on bottled scents then push for the ban. But that would not fit the agenda of the few. Sorry you do not like my questions but all the demeaning you and your partners in pushing for this ban is you do not like to be questioned and you do not have the data under close scrutiny. But keep up the attempt at insulting people because some could care less.

Last edited by JW; 08-28-2015 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Reule 8 flaming
Old 08-28-2015, 07:10 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Debate is healthy and is encouraged. But some of you need to put the computer aside and go for a walk.

Name calling, using poor off color language or going around the HNI word filter is not!
Reading these and once again a few of you have gotten off track and violated the HNI rules.

Usually when I see this I correct it and send a verbal warning via a PM why I did and what rule was involved. Usually that corrects the problem. Some times I get feed back some times I don't. We all get off track once and a while. No big deal. And then again. Well.

But a second time around is some time off to think about it.

JW
Old 08-30-2015, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think there trying to put deer farmers out of business...
Old 08-30-2015, 07:11 PM
Spike

Now edited by JW will come on here and try to say that there are no positive cases of CWD prions (reminder, that's them little thingies that are bad for deer) in urine even though he has been shown empirical evidence to the contrary. According to him and his theory, there's little docs running around the country with syringes putting the prions in the urine and in the ground and crops. I guess the poor guys money depends on whitetail urine. Not enough lazy slobs willing to pay 10,000+ dollars for shooting a big ole buck in a can for it to sustain him? They are developing and testing procedures for QUICK identification of the CWD prion (reminder, that's them little thingies that are bad for deer) and on a MUCH cheaper scale than current testing can be done. Until these tests can be perfected and VERIFIED as well as the cost being brought down to a sustainable rate that the deer farmers can afford then not using natural deer urine scent products makes complete and total sense to ANYONE with an ounce of common sense. Now, if that hasn't answer your questions (and I doubt you had the real question in the first place) then you sir are not going to get it nor do you seem to want to.
You keep coming back with this stuff of Prions being found in Urine. Show the class 1...Just 1 case of the CWD prion being found in any urine....THAT WAS NOT PUT THERE BY MAN! I only ask for 1 case. Just 1 documented case of natural CWD prion in urine with no help from man.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.