Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Turkey in Delaware Public Land >

Turkey in Delaware Public Land

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Turkey in Delaware Public Land

Old 02-11-2015, 07:26 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by JoeDMH
I got my permit in the mail the other day. Looks like I will be hunting C & D Canel on the last week. Best of luck
Good luck with that area, in years past I have seen flocks in the field on the west side of the Roth bridge, in the far corner. But it could be hit or miss now. Happy hunting to you.
Attached Thumbnails Turkey in Delaware Public Land-image.jpg  

Last edited by TrapperRob; 02-11-2015 at 07:29 PM.
Old 02-11-2015, 07:57 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ladyhunter411
Thanks. I entered the draw and took the course online. I am looking forward to springtime! By the way, I have no idea what Oldtimer said in response to my post and I'm glad that I missed it.
It's always nice to be timely. I don't know if anybody has warned you yet BUT turkey hunting can become an addiction. It's an absolute rush when you get a tom turkey to answer your call. It's one of the funnest hunts to do and you can always learn more, especially from smart ole toms.

Have you started looking at your gear for turkey hunting yet? If you get the chance, try attending an outdoor hunting expo and check out all of the hunting calls, camo and other gear for turkey hunting. You can find turkey audio files on the internet to listen to for free and videos showing you how to operate the calls.
Old 02-21-2015, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

New Jersey is full of game especially deer!
Old 03-04-2015, 04:59 AM
Spike

Thanks TrapperRob, I will add that area to the Scouting List. I plan on getting out this weekend. Also I plan on Scouting Sussex County to take my daughter Out on Youth Day.
Thanks again
Old 03-09-2015, 01:53 PM
Spike

I got my permit and it's for Season A and my area is Prime Hook State.

CalHunter, I got the addiction 2 years ago in Maryland. In the 2 years I hunted in MD, I have killed 4 birds. The first one someone else called it in, the other 3 I called in with my slate call. And yes, it's a thrill.

Now and I am in Delaware and that's why I had questions. Today was my first day out scouting. Saw 2 birds in a field close to where I will be hunting. Very excited about that. I went to Gander Mountain to pick up a few things I needed. I got a new gear bag and seat, some camo burlap and a hen decoy. The woman that was checking me out said it looked like I was shopping for a significant other's birthday . I told her "hell no" I don't have a significant other, it's for me and my birthday!! It just so happens that my birthday is on opening day. LOL!

I truly appreciate the help I have been getting from this site.
Old 01-20-2019, 09:04 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by ladyhunter411
I got my permit and it's for Season A and my area is Prime Hook State.

CalHunter, I got the addiction 2 years ago in Maryland. In the 2 years I hunted in MD, I have killed 4 birds. The first one someone else called it in, the other 3 I called in with my slate call. And yes, it's a thrill.

Now and I am in Delaware and that's why I had questions. Today was my first day out scouting. Saw 2 birds in a field close to where I will be hunting. Very excited about that. I went to Gander Mountain to pick up a few things I needed. I got a new gear bag and seat, some camo burlap and a hen decoy. The woman that was checking me out said it looked like I was shopping for a significant other's birthday . I told her "hell no" I don't have a significant other, it's for me and my birthday!! It just so happens that my birthday is on opening day. LOL!

I truly appreciate the help I have been getting from this site.
I know this thread is 4 years old, but I am wondering if you've had any luck turkey hunting in Delaware? I am excited about this upcoming spring season.