Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Coyote Down !!!

Old 12-18-2014, 02:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm happy to say my Savage 220f is working just fine
Old 12-18-2014, 02:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw a bigger one a few days later just couldn't get a shot, and November 2013 while bow hunting I saw two....blonde and a gray one together that would be well over 60# each
Old 12-19-2014, 08:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

The 45 to 50 lb. dogs are the norm that gets shot up here.. Although we have them in the 70 to 80 lb range and a few of them get shot or trapped.. It is more of a fact that those bigger dogs are smarter and harder to get..
Old 12-19-2014, 09:20 AM
Fork Horn

Every year there's a big coyote hunt in central that's been going on since around 1990.They get thousands of participants and pay out crazy amounts of money for the largest coyote.Usually there's at least 100 coyotes turned in and some years they get over 170.The largest coyote they ever weighed was just over 50lbs.To the best of my knowledge,they've never had one turned in that weighed over 60lbs.Not saying that can't happen but it would be extremely rare.
Old 12-20-2014, 04:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's a nice one. I still haven't shot my first one yet. I hear them howling every evening, but actually seeing them and getting a shot are another story. My buddy shot one on our property while sitting in his deer stand. It was just a random thing.

We used to go down to the weigh-in at our local coyote hunt and saw one in the 60s #. That thing looked like a wolf!!!!
Old 12-20-2014, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice work BHC! Good looking yote.
I've killed 3 while deer hunting. One had the exact coloring yours does, a female that weighed 45lbs. Got her mounted

The other two I killed were a little smaller, 40 & 38 (all were weighed) and all 3 were totally different colors. We have them trapped on the farm I hunt, they trapped a 65lb'r a few years ago. They also got an all white one a while back...man that was cool!

All I know about size is the dnr guys say the strain of yotes in our area are bigger than the typical size nationwide. 50+ lb yotes are not uncommon where we are.