Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Bear

Old 11-17-2014, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator

Default PA Bear

So, who will be out for PA bear this weekend? I'll be up in Clearfield county all day Saturday
-Jake
Old 11-17-2014, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

enjoy and have fun
Old 11-19-2014, 05:19 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
So, who will be out for PA bear this weekend? I'll be up in Clearfield county all day Saturday
-Jake
Where at in Clearfield county?We have some snow right now and it would be good if you can come up at least a day early to find some sign.I had a sow and cub come by me last week.A lot of places are loaded with acorns so they shouldn't be denned up early.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck. I feel for you dragging one of them things outta the bush. Get a big one.
Old 11-19-2014, 01:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

I will be up the camp in Clinton county. But I am not going to shoot one unless its big enough to block out the sun..lol. I've taken 4 bear from around our camp over my lifetime and I don't want to shoot another unless it is genuine trophy class. I'm going just to spend time with friends and family for a few days.
To all those who are gung ho - I say good luck to you all. Be safe and have fun.
Old 11-19-2014, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Can't make the opener but we can hunt bear the first week of buck season in Sullivan County. All our guys will have a bear tag with us just in case. We got a big one last year. Getting the skull measured soon. Right around that magical 21" mark.
Old 11-21-2014, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator

Wish we could hunt them the first week of buck. I typically see at least one bear during deer season, just need to see them during bear season now. I'm not entirely sure where in Clearfield County. Going with a guy from work that has been seeing one during archery season the last two years.
-Jake
Old 11-22-2014, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not going up this weekend but I will be in Pike county with a Bear tag in my pocket the first week of Buck rifle season. Good Luck ALL and be safe.

HJ
Old 12-05-2014, 05:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

We haven't seen a bear in a month where we are. I think their food is done on the mountain and they denned up. We only have beech trees for soft mast. Not one oak. Property was clear cut years ago. On the surrounding SGL, it's rocks, ferns and mature maples.
Old 12-05-2014, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I coulda killed one last week at our cabin in WV. Probably 200lbs or so. Not really interested unless its a monster, and even then...who knows. I've never killed one, but have passed on several in season over the years. Seen a bruiser one time 20yds away, a week before the season opened. He was scary big, like 450. Made me glad I was in a treestand. LOL

Good luck guys.