Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

2 questions

Old 10-25-2014, 07:05 AM
Typical Buck

Default 2 questions

so when does everybody think the rut will kick in and what is your favorite doe in heat ?
Old 10-25-2014, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

hunt from October 31st thru November,,,,,I use doe in heat scent from a private deer farm in central PA, stuff is super fresh
Old 10-25-2014, 11:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

Real good way to spread CWD around! It should be illegal to use deer urine, especially since they can make artificial urine.
Old 10-25-2014, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

[QUOTE=Oldtimr;4165984]Real good way to spread CWD around! It should be illegal to use deer urine, especially since they can make artificial urine.[/QUOT So I guess the Expert's at the PGC think otherwise about spreading CWD.

Hatchet Jack
Old 10-26-2014, 03:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

the PGC's vetrenarian has been consistant in saying deer urine from deer farms should not be allowed to be used, and has said it for several years.
Old 10-26-2014, 04:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am not sure about when the rut actually starts.. But, here the heaviest normally is mid November.. Yesterday while trying some luck at bow hunting there was 2 cases of tracks showing some sort of commotion going. There was places from 2 different days on an old road where a couple of deer had it out maybe.. I was not sure what I was looking at though as I never saw these before.. It looked as though 2 feet were sliding together in the mud with several more deer tracks around it.. In one set it looked as though a leg had been on the ground. No deer hair but I am think the bucks maybe doing a pre rut thing and trying to drive each other away?? Just not sure on it..
Old 10-26-2014, 05:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

It is not unusual for buck to have pushing matches this time of year, checking out the strength of the competition and preparing for the real thing later on.
Old 10-26-2014, 05:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

That is what I am thinking is going on is a pre rut type of thing.. That or perhaps a little early breeding as we have earl fawns and late fawns here and I am sure most every state does..
Old 10-26-2014, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

i used to live in buffalo and the rut always seem to hit on nov.8th. where bouts do you hunt ?
Old 10-26-2014, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

i forgot i used to use roger raglins whitetail maniac and his other products they really work if you use them correctly. i'm coming home this dec.for the muzzleloader season can't wait to hunt back at home again !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.