Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
PA Doe application due >

PA Doe application due

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Doe application due

Old 08-31-2014, 01:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

They are only grey if you are color blind and have comprehension problems. Probably best you do, not hunt in PA.
Old 09-01-2014, 04:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
They are only grey if you are color blind and have comprehension problems. Probably best you do, not hunt in PA.
That's just NASTY. You should change your screen name to NASTY Oldtimr. Sorry to say but! I still do 90% of my Hunting in SE- PA Bucks and Montco co. You have a safe and HAPPY HUNTING SEASON.

Hatchet Jack
Old 09-02-2014, 08:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

It is true, if you think the truth is nasty, then I suppose it is.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

It is true, if you think the truth is nasty, then I suppose it is.
So I have a opinion that some of the PGC Regs and Laws have some Grey area I have comprehension and color blind problems? Right away I get FLAMED for my OPINION and I should not hunt in a state I hunted for 45 years.[ Give me a break.] I know why this site has lost many great People/Hunters in the last few years. It's from all the New FLAMERS who just joined in the last few years. As soon a someone post's something that's not their opinion or is wrong they get KILLED for it. It is true, if you think I have comprehension and color blind problems then I suppose it is! FLAME AWAY!

Hatchet Jack
Old 09-02-2014, 01:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Look Jack, you weren't flamed, you were called out on a stupid post. I have hunted in PA for well in excess of 50 years and I have never found the laws grey. They are only grey if you want to use that excuse to violate them. Uninformed opinions aren't worth the bandwidth it takes to show them on a message board and your opinion is certainly uninformed! That is not flaming, that is the truth of the matter.. BTW, I hunt NJ, MD, and SC, there is very little difference in the ways the laws are written .

Last edited by Oldtimr; 09-02-2014 at 01:20 PM.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Look Jack, you weren't flamed, you were called out on a stupid post. I have hunted in PA for well in excess of 50 years and I have never found the laws grey. They are only grey if you want to use that excuse to violate them. Uninformed opinions aren't worth the bandwidth it takes to show them on a message board and your opinion is certainly uninformed! That is not flaming, that is the truth of the matter.. BTW, I hunt NJ, MD, and SC, there is very little difference in the ways the laws are written .
It was not stupid. Uninformed!LOL!!! Example? No Sunday hunting which was what got this started. You can hunt on Sunday? Crows Yotes and fox, no deer. Whats the point you still have hunting on Sunday. Back when you could use apple,corn and acorn scents for Deer and NEVER for Bear. What if you had one of those scents out Deer Hunting in a WMA that also had Bear season during Deer season. Is this Baiting for Bear? I once asked this ? to a WCO at a Hunter safety class and he had no answer. I work and hunt with a PA DCO in WMA 5d and 5c and he to can't understand some of the reason behind some of the law's he enforces . This is what I met about grey. It had nothing to do about violating any LAWS . A SLOB HUNTER I am NOT or Uninformed !!!

Hatchet Jack

Last edited by hatchet jack; 09-02-2014 at 05:31 PM.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's another one . During the late flintlock deer season,muzzleloader hunters are not required to wear or display fluorescent orange. WHY? What is the reason for this one???? Tradition???? Dumb! Most of your Buckskins look like Deer. DUMB! Here's another one . Why did they require Turkey hunters wear orange when moving around the woods and not Duck and Dove Hunters which I do a lot of . Most of your Duck and Goose season's are during some kind of Deer or Bear season's. They too should be required to wear orange to and from the Blind and or Boat/Canoe I would think? Grey? DUMB? maybe?maybe not? Whats everyone's OPINION on this???? Some of the Laws they make are just strange and have no reason. This is just my uninformed Stupid Opinion sorry to say.

Hatchet Jack

Last edited by hatchet jack; 09-02-2014 at 05:26 PM.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

The more I get to know you, the better I like my Dog's

Hatchet Jack
Old 09-03-2014, 02:49 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by hatchet jack
Grey? DUMB? maybe?maybe not? Whats everyone's OPINION on this???? Some of the Laws they make are just strange and have no reason. This is just my uninformed Stupid Opinion sorry to say.

Hatchet Jack
Gotta agree with Jack, many of the hunting laws in PA are strange and hard to decipher, I've never seen a rule book for any other state that is as large as ours. Try making sense out of the "fluorescent orange" rules, or laws on shooting dogs that are chasing deer. Try asking a CO what the rules are on hunting un-posted land, or what the rule is on quartering your deer in the field (as opposed to dragging it back to your truck). For us who've lived here a while, they're probably second nature.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:55 AM
Fork Horn

Lots of "gray area" in the rules also...no spotting game from the roads? Are you supposed to close your eyes while you are driving? How do you go about enforcing a law like this?

"No stalking turkeys...hunt by calling only"...does this mean you can't close the distance on a bird? What if you don't use your call that day and kill a bird...are you now an outlaw? Again, how do you go about enforcing a law like this???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.