Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Looking for camp members >

Looking for camp members

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Looking for camp members

Old 07-12-2012, 03:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Looking for camp members

Guys we have a family hunting camp in Clinton county PA just off Hyner Run road. Unfortunately our family is diminishing.
This cabin is nestled at the base of a hollow. No running water or elec. As the newly elected president (which means I will be responsible for keeping the books and arranging work details) I am considering bringing in one or two responsible mature members. A father and son would be fantastic. The area is all mature timber and holds a few deer. But it is an excellent area for black bear. Anyone looking for a place to hang their hat and get out of the weather after a day of hunting or just looking for a place to hunt drop me a message and we'll see if we can meet up.
Note: This is not a place to come to get drunk and be rowdy. We have fun in the evening but we hunt during the day. Mostly however it is a great place to unwind from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:50 PM
Fork Horn

Bronko,
Get in touch with me. Don't know what you expect or whatever.
daddus
Williamsport, PA
Old 07-19-2012, 05:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

This camp was built by my grandfather and his brothers back in the late 30s and has been in the family since. Over the years time has had its toll on the members. My grandfather and his brothers have since passed as well as their sons. It is to the point that we currently have only 4 members. Myself, a cousin, and two friends of a now deceased family member. And they may decide to drop out now that he is gone.
The fewer the members the more cost they need to encur for taxes and misc. expenses for repair. (currently the dues is only $100 a year).
The camp is located on the right branch of Hyner run almost dead center between Rts 120 and 44. Just east of Dry hollow and at the base of Johnson's hollow. It is a gorgeous location - quite and accessible only by 4wd. Our sucess on bear I feel has been pretty good. We don't drive and hunt pretty much on our own. But over the past 10 years we have taken 7 bear (I personally have shot 3). There are deer around but we don't hunt them. At least not until the population comes back a bit. I've never bow hunted there but I am reasonably sure that a bowhunter could easily harvest a buck there within spitting distance of the cam during the rut. The creek bed is always littered with rubs and scrapes from amorous buck cruising the area.
Feel free to send me a pm if you're interested.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:05 AM
Super Moderator

Any luck finding people? I hope to be hunting bear in that area this season. But, as a recent college grad and applying to federal jobs, who knows where I may end up! So I can't get into any long term plan. Hope you find some people, I'm sure it's a great camp.
-Jake
Old 08-07-2012, 04:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Do you have any pics of there area?
Old 08-13-2012, 04:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Phil - Its typical NE hardwoods. Mostly mature timber. Not to many pics of the area but I did dig up a pic of the camp.
Attached Thumbnails Looking for camp members-captured-2004-2-27-00010.jpg  
Old 09-18-2014, 12:58 PM
Spike

I'm looking for a club, please shoot me a line if there is still room. I mostly hunt in bow season and flint lock never tried bear.
Old 09-18-2014, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

There are deer around but we don't hunt them. At least not until the population comes back a bit.
Is no deer hunting a club policy? Or do guys just choose not to hunt them?
Old 09-19-2014, 06:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308
Is no deer hunting a club policy? Or do guys just choose not to hunt them?
Actually after the over issuance of antlerless licenses in PA and the ensuing slaughter of the deer herd the PGC is finally seeing the error of their ways. Deer are coming back to the area now. We do occasionally hunt up there for buck only. But the few members normally have their haunts around their home. Nothing stopping anyone from hunting there. We just choose not to.
Old 10-03-2014, 04:38 PM
Spike

Bronko, liked your tag lines made me laugh. Good luck keeping up with the hunters camp.