Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
New Hampshire Moose Results Posted >

New Hampshire Moose Results Posted

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

New Hampshire Moose Results Posted

Old 06-16-2012, 06:55 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Default New Hampshire Moose Results Posted

New Hampshire moose results posted today and after 14 years this nonresidents wait is over. I drew zone C2(ES). Odds were only 1% with 8 points.

My name is the very last one on the successful list.

http://www.wildnh.com/Hunting/Moose_...e_Winners.html

Last edited by Zim; 06-17-2012 at 02:49 PM.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good Luck !!!!!

My sister lives up there and owns 40 acres with woods all around and told her I can hunt on their lands as well, I need to take advantage to hunt up there at least for deer. She sees moose, but I'm not sure if her area is a moose hunting zone, also sees turkey. She is Loudon, NH

Last edited by BOWHUNTERCOP; 06-17-2012 at 03:17 AM.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats on your tag Zim, I hope you get a nice to fill your tag!
Old 06-18-2012, 06:14 AM
Typical Buck

Congratulations Zim Even though you're sharing the WMU C2 with 19 other hunters, your chances at tagging a moose (a very good one at that) is still very high. If you like, I'll see if my buddy that knows the north country pretty well has any good starting points for ya Zim

Originally Posted by BOWHUNTERCOP
Good Luck !!!!!
Originally Posted by BOWHUNTERCOP

My sister lives up there and owns 40 acres with woods all around and told her I can hunt on their lands as well, I need to take advantage to hunt up there at least for deer. She sees moose, but I'm not sure if her area is a moose hunting zone, also sees turkey. She is Loudon, NH

If you're coming just to deer hunt, it's a waste of money. I've been here for 14 years from the southern PA/MD area and the deer hunting is below average. Big big woods so if you use to seeing deer every time you're out, don't expect it here. In fact if you see 3 deer in a week you are doing good.

Now if you're coming to grouse hunt, bear, turkey hunting or fish (open water or ice), you'll have a great time
Old 06-18-2012, 04:53 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Looks like they cut tags from 30 last year? That will suit my hunting preferences.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm from NH, lived in Alton many years. Applied for the lottery when I lived there but never picked. I live near South Bend, IN now, and I can tell you, unless you are already pretty fit, you should begin an exercise program now.

I know there are guide services that offer full and semi guided hunts. If it were me, I think I'd go semi guided for the first 5 days, and if unsuccessful would keep hunting for the remainder of the season if you can take that much time. Most of the land you'll be hunting is not under the control of any guide, so you can hunt there even when your guided hunt is over. Things you'll want to have all arranged ahead of time include folks you can call that have the equipment needed to get the critter out of the woods and to the check station, and then to a place to store/process.

I'm sure you have a lot of this planned already if you have been applying all these years. I don't really have any contacts near Berlin. If you had C2 I could recommend someone. Good luck to you, it should be a great hunt.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:44 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Haha I doubt NH has any terrain I can't handle. I run 20 miles/week year round. Took a 330" bull elk in the Pecos Wilderness New Mexico last year up at 12,000' on a solo backpack archery hunt. Hunted in the Rockies almost every year for the last 15 years.

I have boned out and backpacked many elk out, but for this hunt I am checking out meat handling services and found one guy online so far that gets moose out with ATV's.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well then, you're all set. Hope you shoot a big one.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:51 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Anybody know if there are any camping restrictions up in that country? I am used to hunting out west and making a camp wherever I want, by some water. But I know a lot of the land up in C2 is forest company leased and such. I have no idea. I looked on the NHF&G site but could not find any specifics on camping.

Also, I was wondering if there is any source for someone like me, who is not familiar with the area, to determine locations of the 2-7 year old timber cuts. I have been looking at aerials and can see some clear cuts, but no way to determine age. Thanks.

Last edited by Zim; 06-27-2012 at 09:50 AM.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:18 PM
Typical Buck

Sent you a message zim plus I put up a post on my new forum asking for help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.