Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
transporting rifles to the Adirondacks, New York. >

transporting rifles to the Adirondacks, New York.

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

transporting rifles to the Adirondacks, New York.

Old 10-11-2011, 04:04 AM
Spike

Default transporting rifles to the Adirondacks, New York.

I have a question on transporting rifles to the Adirondacks, New York. Traveling up there Oct. 22nd for first time to hunt deer. Is there any special laws transporting rifles in pick up truck? I can't seem to find any info besides federal laws. Looks like unloaded and cased is all I have to do. Any comments would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Joe
Old 10-11-2011, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

AFAIK No ammo in mag or chamber is all you need to comply going from NJ to NY.If you pass through PA I think you need to contact them in advance.Not sure exactly what the deal is there but my friends from LI go that route and I know they have to do something to be legal.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:35 AM
Typical Buck

NJ to Adirondacks should be fine following same NJ state/fed laws,
problem people encounter is when they head up to new england and pass through NYC in the bronx, then you require NYC transport permit.
that may be what bernie is referring to for people from LI headed to PA, as cant get off LI without passing through NYC,
if anything i would double check if albany has similar pass through transport requirements.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:30 AM
Spike

Default transporting rifles to the Adirondacks, New York.

Thanks for the information guys. That is what I thought. I'll be heading up the NJ Parkway which misses New York City by a long way. I should be okay.

Joe
Old 10-11-2011, 03:01 PM
Spike

Joe, I am a Police Lieutenant in New York State. You will be fine, as long as they are unloaded and in the cases. Good Luck!
Old 10-12-2011, 01:47 PM
Spike

[QUOTE=MICHAELHUNTER;3859729]Joe, I am a Police Lieutenant in New York State. You will be fine, as long as they are unloaded and in the cases. Good Luck![Thank you Michael]