Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Steuben County NY >

Steuben County NY

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Steuben County NY

Old 10-07-2010, 05:14 PM
Spike

I live & hunt in 8t, an I saw a TON of buck last year! I shot a 6pt. Only 3 deer taken off our property, but saw TONS. I haven't been out in the woods much this fall, because of starting college. I feel it will be about the same on our property though. But, I will say that not everywhere in Steuben has as many deer. We only got 5 DMAP permits this year, as opposed to the mid teens other years.
Old 10-08-2010, 03:50 AM
Fork Horn

I hunt in Addison myself and have a few on teh HIT list. Hoping ofr a good year. There are a few bear on the HIT list as well. Problem is they only get clsoe to me during spring turkey season. I mean close, last year one came within 15 yards of me!!
Old 10-08-2010, 07:15 AM
Spike

I walked up on a bear also, it was between 5-10yds!! Pretty cool, he was looking for critters under rocks. He never saw me, it was only a little guy.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

[quote=Pygmy;3696800]Beartown Road, eh...??.. Do you border the Erwin Game management area..?? A buddy of mine was hiking up there this summer saw saw 9 bucks together..He said 3 of them are real dandies..... Always some big bucks hanging around there..They hide in the backyards of a couple of upscale neighborhoods in Gang Mills, like Woodland Park...[/quote

Our land does not border the Erwin, but a farm we hunt (that is contiguous to our land) does. You are 100 % right about the deer hiding out in the neighborhoods. Seems like every time we head down Beartown, the deer are all over. Glad there are some bucks up there (I wacked two last year). We will be up for some bowhunting, then stay over for gun. Can hardly wait. Good luck to you Sir!
Old 10-09-2010, 06:14 PM
Typical Buck

Default nice

Sounds like it will be a good year...
Old 10-12-2010, 05:23 AM
Spike

I'll be hunting Stuben this year for the first time, I'm new to the area. We have seen quite a few bucks on our relatives land up on the hill outside of Hornel. Hope they are still there for rifle season. We have a cabin outside of Howard been going there for six years and never saw a buck this year there where two.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:49 PM
Typical Buck

Default Sounds great.. Any wind projects ???

I talked to the land owner earlier this summer .
Also to the motel owner .
They say theres a few wind ( electric ) projects going on around and one that has ( as of summertime anyways ) not started yet .
Supposivley everything was approved and they were getting all the details figured ut , but hopefully wont start until next year ??
Anyone see any of these windmill projects going on now aroung Howard ?
Private land I hunt is suppose to get one .....( windmill)...
I,m sure it will have an effect on the deer travel and routines ..
Old 10-14-2010, 06:18 AM
Spike

There is a lot going on around there but nothing I know of on the Howard side of Interstate 86. The windmills are all west of Howard.

What motel? There is nothing in Howard.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:37 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by dtvburns
I'll be hunting Stuben this year for the first time, I'm new to the area. We have seen quite a few bucks on our relatives land up on the hill outside of Hornel. Hope they are still there for rifle season.
I hunted that area for 4 years and did well. We rented a cabin from ABC ranch up on the hill near the golf course and hunted there. Lots of deer and some nice ones too.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:47 PM
Typical Buck

Default hhmm,,

Its called the red caboose..
Its abought 20 min. from where we hunt .
And 10 min. from where my buddies hunt , There in 8P

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.