Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Archer Robbed At SGL >

Archer Robbed At SGL

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Archer Robbed At SGL

Old 10-04-2010, 04:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Archer Robbed At SGL

mcall.com

Man robbed at gunpoint in Schuylkill County gamelands

Police are listing the incident as an attempted homicide.

By Devon Lash

Of The Morning Call

10:30 PM EST, October 3, 2010

advertisement

Pennsylvania State Police are looking for armed robbers who assaulted a man and stole his car late Saturday night in Schuylkill County state gamelands.

State police at Frackville say two men armed with guns robbed a 35-year-old man in the state gamelands near Walker Township at 7 p.m. Saturday as the victim tried to head home after a day of archery hunting.

The men approached him, struck him several times with their weapons and took the keys to his 2008 Dodge Dakota and his cell phone, according to a news release.

As the men drove away, the victim ran into the gamelands where he hid overnight, state police said.

The victim emerged from the woods at 5 a.m. Sunday morning and ran to a nearby home on Valley Road. An ambulance took him to a nearby hospital, where he was treated for non-serious injuries, police said.

State troopers from the Frackville station as well as Schuykill Haven and Hamburg canvassed the scene Sunday with the help of a state police helicopter, police said.

Police are listing the incident as an attempted homicide, aggravated assault and robbery. The gray Dodge Dakota with an extended cab is still missing, police said.

Anyone with information is asked to call 570-874-5300.

Copyright © 2010, The Morning Call
Old 10-06-2010, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

The cops caught the two guys who robbed the archer and stole his truck. It is a sad state of affairs when you aren't even safe on SGLs. That is at least the third incident in the last few years where guys have been robbed or killed on SGLs in eastern PA.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:08 PM
Spike

wow that is crazy, thank goodness the fella wasn't killed.

bet the maggots don't do that to often during the rifle season when most are carrying guns and even side arms..cause they'd get there's..self defense
Old 10-06-2010, 05:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

this is why i carry a .25 cal semi-pistol with LTC permit .lately i am seeing pheasant hunters getting nutty on sgl land.
i really believe we are seeing end to our hunting and feeling of just going in woods for walk.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:21 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by sproulman
.lately i am seeing pheasant hunters getting nutty on sgl land.
Could you elaborate a little more on this.