Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
N.y.s. Deer hunting ? >

N.y.s. Deer hunting ?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

N.y.s. Deer hunting ?

Old 09-30-2009, 05:18 AM
Typical Buck

Default N.y.s. Deer hunting ?

I like to ask if you take a buck with the bow can you still go out in gun season to take another buck? so that 1 deer during the bow season correct? I have no DMP tag
I know the new decal system seem to give you a deer of either sex during the bow and the late M/l season
Old 09-30-2009, 05:31 AM
Fork Horn

That is correct. You can take a buck or doe with the bow and then a buck with the gun. Or I think you can use your regular big game tag during bow season.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:36 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah you can take a buck with a bow, and also with rifle.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:41 AM
Spike

Bow season: 1 buck or 1 doe
Regular season: 1 buck
DMP: 1 Doe during regular season in respective WMU
Late season: 1 buck with muz, or 1 buck with left over bow season tag

You can hunt with your bow during regular season if you have a Regular season tag.
You have the chance to take 3 bucks if you hunt all the seasons.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:31 AM
Typical Buck

You can hunt with your bow during regular season if you have a Regular season tag.
I thought that you cant have a bow during shotgun season??
Old 09-30-2009, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ZEKE83
Bow season: 1 buck or 1 doe
Regular season: 1 buck
DMP: 1 Doe during regular season in respective WMU
Late season: 1 buck with muz, or 1 buck with left over bow season tag

I don't think this is true. You get one tag for bow and one tag for muzzleloader. Either can be used in either season, but one is for an antlerless deer only and the other is for a deer of either sex. So if you kill a buck during bow, you can't take one during muzzleloader season unless it's an unfilled regular season buck tag. Either way it adds up to only 2 bucks that one can legally take in a season.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:51 AM
Spike

Sorry I should have been more clear...I got off track and included the muzzleloader in the amount of deer you can take. 2 bucks are the max you can take with a bow.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by TheMiz54
I thought that you cant have a bow during shotgun season??
You can use a bow or muzzle during gun season if you want I use a bow year around, you just can't use a gun during archery season. You cna't use your archery tag during gun season if you shoot one with your bow you still need to use your regular season tag or whatever tag is appropriate during that season
Old 10-01-2009, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

1) you cannot use a regular season tag in early bow season.you can bowhunt in regular season though

2)Bow and muzzleloader tags are the same tag, one is BOW/ML antlerless and one is BOW/ML either sex

3)I know of no where in NY where you can take 3 bucks in a license year. you can take a buck w/ your BOW/ML either sex tag (which is one tag) and another buck in regular season w/ the regular season tag and a buck or doe in ML season w/ you reg season tag
Old 10-01-2009, 06:33 PM
Fork Horn

On long island you can take more then 2 buck as many as tags that u have. If you have a doe tag and harvest a doe you can take it back for an either sex bonus tag. you can shoot as many does as there are bonus tags, But once you shoot another buck you dont get anymore bonuse tags unless you have a nother dmp for 1c then the process starts all over again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.