Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA guys, Glitch in new license system or intentional? >

PA guys, Glitch in new license system or intentional?

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA guys, Glitch in new license system or intentional?

Old 06-23-2009, 03:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default PA guys, Glitch in new license system or intentional?

Bought the PA license yesterday. Decided to do the elk app and bobcat app at the same time. It's been quite a while since I did a bobcat app. I'm not a trapper and the only furbearers that I hunt are coyotes. I tried to apply for the bobcat figuring on buying furtakers if I got lucky. No way! The computer won't take it unless you already have a furtakers. So the guy who would only need a furtakers if he draws a bobcat tag has to buy it first just to apply. I'll toss 5 bucks at the lottery but not $25. I dont think I needed a furtakers last time I applied. Anyone had this experience in recent years or is this new with PALS?

BTW Manyspurs, the tagsARE pre-punchedfor attaching to the critter
Old 06-23-2009, 03:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PA guys, Glitch in new license system or intentional?

Not known BT. I do think I am buying a furtaker's tag this year, though. Last year while I was hunting with friends in York, there was a fox spotted and they seem to have a ton of them down there. BC hunting is something new to me, maybe I will have to check it out.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Seems to me that the PGC may be missing out on a few $$ from guys who are casual about applying for BC tags. Like i said, I'll toss a 5 spot at it but not $25
Old 06-23-2009, 05:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Its the work of the Eco-weenies at the PGC.
Every one knows bobcats kill deer and we want more dead deer so by protecting bobcats in 2f & 2g breeding rates will plummet cucumber roots will flourish and the Audubon people will be just giddy.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

Every one knows bobcats kill deer and we want more dead deer so by protecting bobcats in 2f & 2g breeding rates will plummet cucumber roots will flourish and the Audubon people will be just giddy.
AHHH now it's all clear! Thanks Jim!

The insurance companies probably complained too much about hunters shooting all the bobcats they trucked in
Old 06-23-2009, 07:31 AM
Typical Buck

Next Bobcat stocking for 2F and 2G,is scheduled for January 2,2010. Supplied by the Predator Society.[/align]
Old 06-23-2009, 09:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

I hear that they're stashing the profits from the extra $20 in an offshore account in the Caymans to fund the Abbagoochie introduction program!
Old 06-23-2009, 11:01 AM
Banned

I know you're joking Jim, but with those obtuse thinking extremist arseholes, you just never know. LMAO.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

Now thats Funny!! I don't care who you are!!

I buy a Fur/take all the time. TONS of fox in my neck of the woods. My Brother/in-law lost 50 chickens to fox a few years ago on his 25 acre farm in Bucks county!!LOL!!! a chicken farmer he is not!!!LOL!!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 06-24-2009, 05:55 PM
Typical Buck

BtBow:
another good point brought up,,that always bothers me about my Pa. tags,,coyotes are a nuisance species and i feel should be included with my liscense,,but once again i have to "apply" to be able to shoot something that i may or may not come in contact with during the "regular" hunting season. Why does it have to be so hard?If you see a bobcat or yote,,, why cant i just shoot the mother ******? Why does everything have to be about the $,,,,it's not like the sob's are extinct,,,here in Va. most co's have a bounty on em,,,shoot em and collect a buck or two

Quick Reply: PA guys, Glitch in new license system or intentional?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.