Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA Hunters...Would you>>>>> >

PA Hunters...Would you>>>>>

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Hunters...Would you>>>>>

Old 05-13-2009, 09:37 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: PA Hunters...Would you>>>>>

Not a snowballs chance in he!! would I give the PGC another $100. In fact, they won't be getting another penny from me anytime soon. I have it to good in NY and Ohio to waste any of my money on the PGC. They can rot for all I care.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

My original thought was
25,000 tags, 4 points or better on one side, sell before the season,(not during)

=

2.5 mil more revenue to improve our hunting in some way shape or form

How many out of the 25,000 could possibly be killed? 15,000 tops? I doubt even that.

Serious hunters, the ones that are driving the sport through the retail revenue could have the chance to spend more time/money here at home
rather than heading to NY/OH/WVA

Hell, make it 200 bucks for all I care, I'd be first in line. I agree it can't and never could be something that could just be sold to an unlimited number of people, but I think it would be a win win for PA.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:26 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ben / PA

My original thought was
25,000 tags, 4 points or better on one side, sell before the season,(not during)

=

2.5 mil more revenue to improve our hunting in some way shape or form

How many out of the 25,000 could possibly be killed? 15,000 tops? I doubt even that.

Serious hunters, the ones that are driving the sport through the retail revenue could have the chance to spend more time/money here at home
rather than heading to NY/OH/WVA

Hell, make it 200 bucks for all I care, I'd be first in line. I agree it can't and never could be something that could just be sold to an unlimited number of people, but I think it would be a win win for PA.

Ben,that is a noble idea to give hunters of this state more opportunities,"but." You stated that you would pay $200 for another buck tag and with this opportunity,it may keep more hunters from going out of state and spend the money in Pa. IMO, the serious hunter of this state is going to target a bigger more mature buck for his harvest.If successful, I would think they would spend the $200 to hunt(say Ohio) for their second deer and have a greater chance of bagging another mature buck. Just my opinion![/align]
Old 05-13-2009, 05:26 PM
Typical Buck

Ben / Pa:
Im guessing that you also endorse a liscense increase?,,,I too would gladly pay more to hunt in Pa as a non res. If someone from the PGC would just come out and say that, look,"we have squandered ,,mismanaged,,misappropriated funds for an undetermined amount of years due to misinformation and it's going to take some serious funding to get our people up to date on what game management is all about and how to conduct game management properly",,,then id be willing to bet that within 5 years most resident hunters would be willing to pay a few bucks more for their liscense,,,without a shipload of complaints. I really feel that the hatred Pa hunters and the PGC has for one another over this deer issue will more than hamper any kind of accomplishments madein the near future.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:10 AM
Banned

"Im guessing that you also endorse a liscense increase?,,,I too would gladly pay more to hunt in Pa as a non res. If someone from the PGC would just come out and say that, look,"we have squandered ,,mismanaged,,misappropriated funds for an undetermined amount of years due to misinformation and it's going to take some serious funding to get our people up to date on what game management is all about and how to conduct game management properly",,"

Heck Rem, some good points but Id be happy even if they didnt "own up" to it, just make the necessary changes quietly and pretend its what they wanted all along... If they dont want to admit to having been complete asses for the last several years, so be it....JUST FIX IT! (LOL)

"then id be willing to bet that within 5 years most resident hunters would be willing to pay a few bucks more for their liscense,,,without a shipload of complaints. I really feel that the hatred Pa hunters and the PGC has for one another over this deer issue will more than hamper any kind of accomplishments made in the near future."

You said a mouthful there. I agree completely. Only problem is the crook commission is now gonna get off scott free with a 100% biased audit and they wont have to make concession #1 to appease the hunters. In fact it will 100% enable them to go the other direction even more with more money, and no chance of being stopped, since they will just laugh and point to the crooked audit and that will be that. Legislators should have presented curative legislation to fix what ails the crook commission long ago, and now we are gonna pay for it because they didnt. The econuts are in control, and hunting will be headed the rest of the way down the toilet very shortly.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

You said a mouthful there. I agree completely. Only problem is the crook commission is now gonna get off scott free with a 100% biased audit and they wont have to make concession #1 to appease the hunters. In fact it will 100% enable them to go the other direction even more with more money, and no chance of being stopped, since they will just laugh and point to the crooked audit and that will be that. Legislators should have presented curative legislation to fix what ails the crook commission long ago, and now we are gonna pay for it because they didnt. The econuts are in control, and hunting will be headed the rest of the way down the toilet very shortly.

BOO HOO! the audit's biased!!!LMFAOROTF!!!

Fess up, you're bawling about bias beforethe audit evenstarts, let alonecomes out, because you know you're jumping up and down on thin ice and the auditmight not agree with your unfounded hissyfits. All is not as good as it should be but if we were to listen to the likes of you, all that will be left in the state are salamanders and wood rats. Your rants are so silly and extreme that you shoot your own cause right in the foot every time you scream into your keyboard.

Why not wait till it's been done before you yap? Could it be that you simply are now enjoying your daily cryfest more than you used to like playingmini deer pinball on the Monday after turkey day? Sure seems like it!
Old 05-14-2009, 12:19 PM
Banned

"BOO HOO! the audit's biased!!! LMFAOROTF!!!
"

Ahh. THe loud mouth irate defender of all that is pgc is himself oncemore. Welcome back.

"Fess up, you're bawling about bias before the audit even starts, let alone comes out, because you know you're jumping up and down on thin ice and the audit might not agree with your unfounded hissy fits. '

There is no way that its gonna agree with anything I or the hunters of Pa believe. With an unbiased audit, i believe the odds would be high of responsible changes/suggestions. With this audit the odds are slim to none and slim done left town! LMAO!.... Its a biased audit period. The company doing it has VERY strong pgc ties. A commissioner has worked for them for christ sake, So has Shissler the econut who was on the deer team, as well as pgc having them do projects in the past. Hardly unbiased. Those are some of my reasons, Yet with all your voiced concern as to all my "whining" 'and "hissy fits", I think you neglected to mention why you think it wont be. Once again, attack the poster, yet add no substance to support your own position.

"Why not wait till it's been done before you yap? Could it be that you simply are now enjoying your daily cryfest more than you used to like playing mini deer pinball on the Monday after turkey day? Sure seems like it! "

Id rather play mini pinball on the monday after turkey day. I dont rifle hunt, and my tag is just about always filled by then. However I dont know who you have me confused with, as I post very little during hunting seasons that I participate in.

I havent posted here much at all lately in case you havent noticed. Then again there is quite a bit that gets by you.

And since you like to yell and cry (with the text) maybe this you'll understand:

THE DEER PROGRAM WAS DRAWN UP BY THE ECOFRUITCAKES, ITS BEING HELD TO BY THE FRUITCAKES, AND THOSE SAME FRUITCAKES NOW HAVE A HIGHLY BIASED SHAM AUDIT TO SUPPORT THEIR CLAIMS.

Now I think it would be foolish of me to simply blindly support an audit that is clearly biased. Why say I support an audit, then, when the obvious end result comes about...I should complain then?? So you can then say I just didnt like the result??? When anyone but a blind fool knows what is coming because of the clear potential for being highly biased NOW... I see no reason to wait. Only thing that should "wait" is the audit. Until someone unbiased can do it, or not do it at all.

" All is not as good as it should be but if we were to listen to the likes of you, all that will be left in the state are salamanders and wood rats. "

You clearly have my position confused with the ridiculous audubon derived pgc deer management plan that you strongly and blindly support, as very low deer densities and extreme biodiversity is most certainly their goals, and since you support it, by default, yours as well..

My views are FAAAR from extreme. I support ar, SOME of the hr, but not the extremes we are experiencing. Those views are about as "middle of the road" as it gets. Same cant be said of the agency you blindly support.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the highjack fellas. Audit thread is elsewhere. [:@][8D]
Old 05-14-2009, 04:20 PM
Banned

Im not gonna apologize for mentioning the audit on a couple of posts. Especially when these "deer" issues are all entertwined. Not as if you were talkiing about gobbler hunting.

However your request to keep more to the topic of very narrow scope was duly noted, and will be taken into consideration.

Btw, sticking to the topic and all.... On this poll, your proposal isnt fairing so well with 80% against. I am surprised it isnt even higher.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Ben / PA

Thanks for the highjack fellas. Audit thread is elsewhere. [:@][8D]
You're absolutely right Ben. The audit thread is elsewhere. I apologize for answeringCorny's crap here.For my part of it, I'll not comment on the audit here again.

Quick Reply: PA Hunters...Would you>>>>>

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.