Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Rifle season 2008 is history >

Rifle season 2008 is history

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Rifle season 2008 is history

Old 12-14-2008, 04:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Rifle season 2008 is history

How was your season?
I know we have some late season black powder & archery but for me deer season is over and it time to hunt grouse.

I passed on three different legal bucks all 1 1/2 year old eight points and I saw seven other bucks,I have 1 each doe tag for 1A & 1B I buy them just in case I cross paths with a wounded doe or by the chance I kill a buck and want to hunt with friends.I haven't shot a doe in longer than I care to remember.I had dozens of chances if I chose to shoot one.

Over all I had a good season,I would like to see more deer in my area ,but some great bucks were shot in the area.

How was your seasonand where did you hunt?
Old 12-14-2008, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rifle season 2008 is history

I hunted the ONLY first two days, and that wasin 2F. Had a very nice time. Passed a 7-point in the first 20 minutes of the season, saw some other bucks..does..fawns. Brother got a 3.5 year old 8-point. All public land. No hunters around. From my field count there was 10 times the number of deer in the valley as there were hunters. I skipped the rest of the season and will be back out hard after a mature buck after Christmas. I like to stillhunt when gun hunting and all I end up doing is pushing my bucks to stump sitters. I like the woods to myself so I can dog a buck all day. I really unwind and become immersed in the hunt when doing it like that. Sitting on a stump just allows one to think about all the crap one would like to escape from. WORK...namely
Old 12-14-2008, 04:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

I thought some of you actually hunted deer offline.[:-]

Now some of those other threads make sense to me.

And just how long will it be before Alts name comes up.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Does Alt still work for the GC??
He must be pulling the strings from afar then.

Old 12-14-2008, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't shot a doe in longer than I care to remember.I had dozens of chances if I chose to shoot one.
Here we have a prime example of a rack hunter who does nothing to contribute to the management of the herd, but yet belittles those that do the work of controlling the herd.

I hunted 5C and saw a grand total of 3 antlerless deer in 10 days of hunting. Of course .like archery hunters ,I didn't hunt from dawn to dusk but I did hunt 10 of the 12 days. No one in our group of six harvested a deer and we only missed the opportunity to harvest 1 legal buck during the concurrent season.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

I haven't shot a doe in longer than I care to remember.I had dozens of chances if I chose to shoot one.
Here we have a prime example of a rack hunter who does nothing to contribute to the management of the herd, but yet belittles those that do the work of controlling the herd.

I hunted 5C and saw a grand total of 3 antlerless deer in 10 days of hunting. Of course .like archery hunters ,I didn't hunt from dawn to dusk but I did hunt 10 of the 12 days. No one in our group of six harvested a deer and we only missed the opportunity to harvest 1 legal buck during the concurrent season.
Well your bunch is doing such a bang up job of managing the herd, I don't feel bad about slacking off on fawn slaughter that you show so much addiction to.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

You make no sense BB2. You complain about few deer yet you blame the guy that doesn't shoot does.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

We had an awesome season in 4C. I killed a 134 ich 9 point and a doe in archery. Between archery and rifle saw over 150 deer and some good bucks. My friend shot a 122 inch 10 point out of one of my stands also. Our QDM co-op is really coming together after 5 years. We are seeing some slammers and the neighbors have been getting some to. I know the deer population is strong where we are at. But then again we arent killing everything that moves. We only shoot mature does and no button bucks. We do allow kids to shoot whatever they want.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well your bunch is doing such a bang up job of managing the herd, I don't feel bad about slacking off on fawn slaughter that you show so much addiction to.
Our group hasn't harvested a fawn since 2001, so once again you are just blowing smoke.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

The seasons just getting underway and I still have a buck tag to use! I let a half dozen legal bucks go in archery in 2B 2D and 2F and also let one go yesterday in 2F. The same buck also went past my 16 year old but didn't give him a solid shot opportunity

I have 4 PA does in the freezer. One each from 2F and 2D and two from 2B.And I am seldom able to get much farther than150 yds from the vehicle due to heart trouble

We actually saw more deer and deer sign in our 2F hunts than we've seen in the last 5 years but hunting pressure was mostly very light.

All in all a good year but still lots of time left!

Quick Reply: Rifle season 2008 is history

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.