Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PASS ON DOE IN CLINTON COUNTY,PA. >

PASS ON DOE IN CLINTON COUNTY,PA.

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PASS ON DOE IN CLINTON COUNTY,PA.

Old 10-29-2008, 12:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default PASS ON DOE IN CLINTON COUNTY,PA.

friends,we need your help here.

if we dont stop killing doe/fawns here in WMU2G clinton county,pa. we are at point that i cant see deer hunting to exist.

when you think you see more bears than deer, something is badly wrong.

i have YET to see a fawn this year other than in my yard where i have no coyotes etc.

so, its our choice,get word out as i am to pass on doe this year, almost all of us have stopped,how about you.

thanks,ole SPROUL

Old 10-30-2008, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PASS ON DOE IN CLINTON COUNTY,PA.

Hey Sproul,

Maybe you should check out Beach Creek Mt. I was just up there the other day riding around checking some spots out for later in bear season and saw quite a few deer, even a decent buck that jumped the road in front of me.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:17 PM
Fork Horn

When I had my property up on Summerson Mountain, Chapman township of RT 120,I saw more bear than deer.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: muzzyman88

Hey Sproul,

Maybe you should check out Beach Creek Mt. I was just up there the other day riding around checking some spots out for later in bear season and saw quite a few deer, even a decent buck that jumped the road in front of me.
i dont hunt down in beech creek area, dont know if that is clinton or centre county.

if you are talking about where the beech creek rd hits rt144,well, THERE ARE VERY FEW DEER THERE.

i had camp there for 30 years off of petes run rd.

in fact, locals dont even hunt there no more do to lack of deer.

they did release 4 trouble big bears in that area,they have tags on their ears.i also know best spots to hunt bear off of rt144.

yes, down towards beech creek there is a lot of privateland on the BEECH CREEK RD.so, more deer.

rt144 is a DMAP AREA and got hit hard last 3 years,not to say you did not see SOME deer.

most of camps are leaving doe go,so, you could see a few but if out of area hunters come in and use DMAP TAGS ,it will not be long before they are gone.

i think 2,000 tags were issued to clean out 30 doe in that area that may be left.
if a doe sticks her nose out on beech creek rd, rest assured a ROAD HUNTER will have it.

we have reports of COUGAR on that road also for pipeliners.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: 270sniper

When I had my property up on Summerson Mountain, Chapman township of RT 120,I saw more bear than deer.
i have 100 acres in summerson mtn.

bear are not to many there now, deer also.

poaching has cleaned a bunch of them out.

i do have a 450 pd bear on my property but he stays on privateland.

he is big, he sleeps under my camp..

other than that one, i have no reports of other bears in summerson mtn.

almost all bear i am seeing are VERY LITTLE .

mothers are almost as small as cubs.

i did see huge bear at top of hyner mtn,pa.near rt44 pike .

i bet it was over 500 pd.

i do believe the bears are going to hibernate early this year.

already we are seeing less bears out or around than 1 month ago.
sniper,poaching has done in summerson mtn bigtime, deer that used to be there are gone,only CHARLES PROPERTY has deer now and he is fencing it in to try to stop the poachers.

Old 10-31-2008, 06:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

sproul, band together with all the local land owners and post the land "no doe hunting"

it was done around my buddies camp....believe me, it works....the land is all somewhat regulated...hunting with written permission only...each camp is only supposed to have X amount of hunters and such....could be hunted by anyone and anything could be taken....but it really does seem to work. were talking a fair amount of land as well...probably a good few thousand acres...

just a thought....
Old 11-01-2008, 10:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mauser06

sproul, band together with all the local land owners and post the land "no doe hunting"

it was done around my buddies camp....believe me, it works....the land is all somewhat regulated...hunting with written permission only...each camp is only supposed to have X amount of hunters and such....could be hunted by anyone and anything could be taken....but it really does seem to work. were talking a fair amount of land as well...probably a good few thousand acres...

just a thought....
most of land is posted around me,they are nastiest bunch.

my dog went under fence and they were going to arrest him

posted land,they ALL kill doe,i bet i am only one that trys to save a doe.

some of my deer go onto their property and are shot also.

i guess the way to put it is,SPROUL is nice guy,i try to save deer ,i take kid in to hunt and elderly too but its hard to get deer NOW even on my 100 acres of privateland.

i agree with you 100% but these landowners want that meat.

i hear that CHARLES PROPERTY is charging 200 dollars a day to hunt.

like last night, i have 3 buck/3 doe/2 fawns coming into my home at night, yet, at 1 am the spotlights are shineing on my home,crossbows out windows.

i had to get out of bed and yell out window, lucky i was watching tv or i would not have seen the spotlights and CROSSBOW .[:@]

now, they raised our property taxes too[:@]

i see a LOT of camps being sold and LAND also and price to hunt on privateland going way up.

some said they are going to 2,000 a year to hunt on their land do to high taxes.

now your CAMPS are taxed as homes in clinton county.[:@]

i know camp that is 80 years old, in bad shape with 1 acre of land.

his land was assessed at 18,000 and camp at 25,000=43,000 for CAMP.

some camps were over 300,000 and assessed before at 10,000