HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   BAITING IN PA for deer (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/244418-baiting-pa-deer.html)

Boots08 04-30-2008 06:41 AM

BAITING IN PA for deer

NEW POLL OUT ON BAITING IN PA....... should we aloud to bait deer in Pa?What do you think about it?

Buck Hunter 1 04-30-2008 08:34 AM

RE: BAITING IN PA

And??????????/

bawanajim 04-30-2008 08:38 AM

RE: BAITING IN PA

Grubs & wax worms are my favorite but rubber worms work well for bass.[:o]

Pawildman 04-30-2008 10:08 PM

RE: BAITING IN PA for deer

Well, now.......That's some set of figures you gave us..... Really gives us something to think about. Thanks for the insight....

deerslayer223 05-03-2008 09:45 PM

No figures to think about. Scout hard and you dont need to bait!

ABarOfSoap 05-04-2008 11:33 AM

every state should be aloud to bait for bow season atleast, it would allow older deer to be shot because most bait piles get a ton of action any you would not need to shoot the first buck that comes 20 yards

Big Country 05-04-2008 12:14 PM

ORIGINAL: ABarOfSoap

every state should be aloud to bait for bow season atleast, it would allow older deer to be shot because most bait piles get a ton of action any you would not need to shoot the first buck that comes 20 yards
Prior to 2006, I had bowhunted many states for whitetail deer.....but never hunted a state where baiting was permitted.

Since then I have hunted a total of 5 weeks over bait.......and those tags all tasted just like tags from non-baiting states.:D

From my personal observation, baiting is certainly not a sure fire tag filler.;)

Sniper151 05-04-2008 09:20 PM

NO....

The Rifleman 05-04-2008 09:38 PM

Baiting - is for *****'s that can't sit and hunt like real men.

Next you are going to ask to be able to cheat on your taxes and want more than one wife and sleep with 10 year old little kids. Oh come to think of it - it is Legal in Texas - I forgot.

Cheating is cheating - and there is no easy way to hunt.

If it was easy, everybody would do it.

Buck Hunter 1 05-05-2008 07:51 AM

I hunted on bait once when I lived in MI. After 1st morning they went nocturnal. These people bring in trailer trucks of pumpkins, corn, sugar beets and it is a cash crop of some signifigance..But I liked it as I was able to get in between the bedding areas in the swamps and the bait stations. It is also implicated in spreading the bovine TB, CWDand other diseases. No, baiting is not being a sportsperson!

Others would suggest that a food plot is baiting? That includes fruit trees, legumes etc. I don't think it is but guys in my camp claim unless it is a legitamated farming operation you can get pinched.

Is a salt block or mineral lick bait? I know people who have been pinched for this "baiting violation" Okay boys let's hear it it!!