Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
PA- Don't feed the bears >

PA- Don't feed the bears

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA- Don't feed the bears

Old 01-16-2003, 09:11 AM

Default PA- Don't feed the bears

Under new regulation those who intentionally feed bears could face a $100 fine. If an individual's unintentional feeding activities are attracting bears to an area, and residents call the Game Commission to voice their concern, a Wildlife Conservation Officer may issue a written notice prohibiting the unintentional feeding of bears at that location. If called back to an area when unintentional feeding has been addressed through a written warning, the individual could face a $100 fine.

Would it be a violation to leave a gut piles?

Old 01-17-2003, 04:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: PA- Don't feed the bears

How about when the bears rob the bird feeders and garbage cans are they coming out and issue a citation to the bear or I suppose he can get away with it, hardly seems fair...
Old 01-24-2003, 10:54 AM

I hope they use some common sense in enforcing it. I see alot of cabins that have a dump spot for table scraps and grease, more of a place to get rid of it than as a feeder.
Old 01-24-2003, 08:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

at the camp we goto we carry scraps about 200yds away from camp...i know there are bears there..they owners girlfriend had hummingbird feeders up in a tree like 20ft high...it climbed the tree and pulled it up and ripped it off and ate the honey type stuff in it there were teeth holes all around the thing...that would suck for us to get busted for feeding the bears...but i never seen them there or any evidance since that which was 2 or 3 yrs ago maybe they left....