Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Taconic Hereford Multiple Use Area (PICTURES) >

Taconic Hereford Multiple Use Area (PICTURES)

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Taconic Hereford Multiple Use Area (PICTURES)

Old 11-04-2007, 08:00 PM

Default Taconic Hereford Multiple Use Area (PICTURES)

in dutchess county ny. was wondering if anyone hunted it. im gonna go wander it tomorrow and take loads of picks so if u havent and ur in ny check back on my thread tomorrow ill post tons of pics and my feedback.

WENT OUT TODAY AND TOOK SOME SHOTS.. BEAUTIFUL AREA AND LOTS OF OPENING FOR BOW USE.

Entrance

MISC

Old 11-05-2007, 06:27 AM

Default RE: Taconic Hereford Multiple Use Area

where da pics?
Old 11-05-2007, 06:57 AM

i posted it last night and im going today so ill have pics up this afternoon
Old 11-05-2007, 10:41 AM

pics are up. this is a total of 909acres on the taconic state parkway
Old 11-05-2007, 04:31 PM
Spike

I live 15 min. south of there and I used to turkey hunt there until it was impossible to get a parking spot (without sleeping there overnight). Also, I didn't feel comfortable with some of the yahoo's that I saw in the parking lot, so I never went back during the Spring turkey hunting season. I figued the bowhunting would be the same, but I guess not. Did you see anyone while you were out there? There are some really nice hardwoods to hunt and I'm sure that there are plenty of deer around.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:30 PM

ORIGINAL: birdhunter75

I live 15 min. south of there and I used to turkey hunt there until it was impossible to get a parking spot (without sleeping there overnight). Also, I didn't feel comfortable with some of the yahoo's that I saw in the parking lot, so I never went back during the Spring turkey hunting season. I figued the bowhunting would be the same, but I guess not. Did you see anyone while you were out there? There are some really nice hardwoods to hunt and I'm sure that there are plenty of deer around.
bro thats where i was surprised. i was there walking the woods 6HOURS AND DIDNT SEE A SOUL..
Old 11-05-2007, 05:32 PM

and i live right in poughkeepsie as well where are you bro?
Old 11-05-2007, 05:56 PM

birdhunter75,

Sounds like Lafayetteville MUA also, freakin guys sleeping in the lot over night. Wish the CO's would crack down on that seeing that most of those places have only a certain amount of parking spots and they aren't suppose to be camping on state land. Five friends will go and all drive thier own cars to take up the spots so no one else can hunt thier until they leave instead of coming in one car. It's F'd up! Do guys gun hunt the hell out of that place come regular season?

U see any grouse there while turkey hunting?
Old 11-05-2007, 06:58 PM

Lafayetteville is a place i been dieing to check out but havent had the chance and its not even 25mins from my house, as far as herford it was dead not a car in sight.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:12 AM
Spike

Kidd,
I live in Poughquag. I hunt some of the public areas near mein Dutchess and Putnam counties. PM me and I'll give you some more info on these and some other places that I hunt in the area.
In reply to you and FishFry about Lafeyette; it is a beautiful place, but it is ridiculous for pheasant hunting on opening day there, I don't even bother because of what FishFry said about the parking. I'm a HS teacher, so I usually can run up there after workduring the first few weeks of the season and do quite well. My dog has put up a few grouse there over the past couple of years, but it would be a tough hunt to target just them.
Talk to you later.

Quick Reply: Taconic Hereford Multiple Use Area (PICTURES)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.