Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Rock Hill NY

Old 09-25-2007, 06:44 PM

Default Rock Hill NY

Whats up Guys?
I have a couple of questiond hopefully someone here can help me with. This summer my father sold our hunting land in cochecton in the southern zone, so I needed a place to hunt. My Inlaws have a summer house in thompson in the southern zone and I asked around up there and some people told me about Wolf Brook Multiple Use Area/State Forest. It is roughly 600 acres and is part of the neversink gorge which is a ton of land. Now come my quesions:
1) Anyone ever hunt there or know of someone thatdid and how was there experiance?

2)Where can I get a map of this land?A map that shows feilds, streams, marsh etc....

3)where can I find out the number of deer that was taken from this specific part of land last year? Buck/Doe ratio?

4)where can I find out if it has creek beds,streams,feilds etc.

I used google earth to try to see if i saw anything but it isnt too good.

Thanks for all your help

Matt
Old 09-25-2007, 08:13 PM

Default RE: Rock Hill NY

Hey man im from Monticello, Next to the ski hill. Theres thousands of acres of State land to hunt around there. First off u bow hunt or rifle? Second u want deer or bear?

[/align]
[blockquote][/blockquote]
Old 09-26-2007, 12:55 PM

I hunt with rifle.....and I am looking to hunt deer...even though a bear would be nice too
Old 09-26-2007, 07:39 PM

Forgot road name but if u were to godown the roadthat has the trading post on your left in town at the end of that road it runs into the back of the neversink state land. Left side is a good spot to go, gotta hike up aliitle mountain but once ur up there the hunting is nice. Many people go there but few people head off the main trail. Its been good for me in the past. If ur interested in bear hunting let me know, im going the 19thur more than welcome to go with, i dont like going by myself and all the guys i hunt with are too afraid to go. I hunt on Cold Spring Road for bears. 10 mins from rock hill.

[/align]