Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Anyone going out opening day? >

Anyone going out opening day?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Anyone going out opening day?

Old 08-29-2007, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Anyone going out opening day?

Anyone in PA going out opening day for doe. I think it is September 15th. I am still debating if i am or not.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:13 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Anyone going out opening day?

Yes I am!!! I can't wait, I'm PUMPED!!!! I found a spot last year that was littered with doe, but the buck weren't nothing to look at. So I will go there and a new spot I found this year while scouting. When buck opens I'm going to a spot where myself and a few people have pulled buck out of the last few years.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Don't call it PA opener, it's not statewide.

DEER, ARCHERY (Antlerless Only) WMUs 2B, 5C and 5D: Sept. 15-28, and Nov. 12-24. One antlerless deer with each required antlerless license.

DEER, ARCHERY (Antlered and Antlerless) Statewide, including WMUs 2B, 5C and 5D: Sept. 29-Nov. 10 and Dec. 26-Jan. 12. One antlered deer per hunting license year. One antlerless deer with each required antlerless license.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Rob is right...only 3 WMUs.

that being said, i live in 2B and have a stand hung just for that early doe hunt. its a small orchard. last year i found that the deer werent hitting it as hard as i thought they would. probably because acorns and other food is available..and the apples arent dropping as hard as they are now...i think the earlier the better...and dont really think i will see a bruiser buck in there in the daylight..so i wont mind muffing up a good spot over a doe hunt...hopefully get me my first deer with a bow. probably only hunt it the 15th and 22nd. most likely pull my stand the 22nd..really doubt i head back there once the real season opens..but im excited to get back in the stand...less than 2 weeks now.

gets my butt in gear though. i gotta be ready 2 weeks earlier than normal. dont sound like much...but when your at college all week and only home on weekends, it puts you in a crunch if you dont keep up with stuff. behind with the whole broadhead tune right now actually. got a new strung and broadhead tuned after that...but not 100%..then i got into 3d and long range target shooting for fun and never wanted to touch anything...now its crunch time. hopefully have it tuned great today...im real close right now, but taking a break for a bit.