HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   WV Bobcat pics... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/173917-wv-bobcat-pics.html)

Pro-Line 01-06-2007 07:15 PM

WV Bobcat pics...

Here is a pic of a bobcat that my cousin recently trapped onmy farm in WV. (Braxton County) We found tracks in a creek while scouting during bow season in front of an OLD house that is on my farm...and he caught it right there about 3 months later. It was 43" from tip to tail. He shot 2 in consecutive years about 3-4yrs ago...so we must be loaded with them.

southern_hunter194 01-06-2007 10:42 PM

RE: WV Bobcat pics...

yeh one time i was in the hard woods bow huntin when a couple of does(yearlings) walked up and bedded behing some brush
wasnt long when i hurd something fast and small running toward my area..thought it was a squirrel so didnt think anything of it

happends to be a bobcat chasing the deer..if it was a buck he wouldnt have been chasing them i dont think
well i was made because i didnt see anything the rest of te day
but good thing is i never seen him again
i live in illinios and it is rare where i live to see bobcat
only one really cought is mounted in a local school. and if there is any shot or trapped, they are in the local news paper;)

Steve F.in MD 01-07-2007 05:44 AM

That's neat. I have only seen one in the wild in my life. Here in Maryland they are protected, can't be trapped or shot.

Pro-Line 01-07-2007 06:57 AM

In WV, I think the season for trapping runs through the end of Feb.

They are elusive as heck. We've seen a few over the years...but they are definitely a rare sight.

DougMD 01-07-2007 02:02 PM

Cool. Never seen one, but hear we have them.

ash2042 01-07-2007 06:26 PM

Thats cool Proline, I saw one while bowhunting one time.

PABuck_HNTR 01-08-2007 05:43 AM

You must be super tall if that cat measures 43"

nohillbilly 01-08-2007 12:04 PM

ORIGINAL: TRYKONOISSEUR

You must be super tall if that cat measures 43"
8 ft. tall West Virginian. Happens all the time. We just keep it a secret like our big bucks and huge squirrels.[:-]

Pro-Line 01-08-2007 06:04 PM

Don't really care if it looks short to you guys. That wasn't the point. He stretched it out and measured it. Plain and simple. But...per usual, you're missing the point. IT'S A BOBCAT! The measurement doesn't matter. There are no AR's on cats...

I hadn't posted a pic on here in years for this purpose. You post a neat pic...and someone who's probably never seen one upclose rips the words instead of commenting on the pic:eek:

NY ARCHER 01-09-2007 12:44 PM

Proline.... Thanks for posting... NICE pic. and good job.... Don't listen to these guys.... you do what's right and let people know what's in there woods and around their homes. Alot, of people prob. never did see one and now they know what they look like..
Again, NICE JOB...