Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Peanut Butter for Deer Lure >

Peanut Butter for Deer Lure

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Peanut Butter for Deer Lure

Old 08-21-2006, 10:48 AM
Fork Horn

Default Peanut Butter for Deer Lure

On another forum (for NJ), I was given a tip that Peanut Butter is a good lure for deer in Jersey. I never heard this before. Anyone else ever try that? I will definately be trying to this year.

the setup was to nail the cap to a tree and then screw the bottle back on with a hole cut in the bottom. Sounds good, and seems like you can set your shot up perfectly with that set up.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Peanut Butter for Deer Lure

Don't know about Jersey law but wouldn't that be baiting?
Old 08-21-2006, 11:26 AM

you are allowed to bait in nj
Old 08-21-2006, 03:17 PM
Fork Horn

It's all good in NJ, and well worth it. I have seen 10 deer at a time over a bait pile. For bowhunting, it helps a lot. although I am not a big bait pile guy, I don't mind using natural food plots or something as small as this. I am not looking to have 10 deer in front of me because all they can find to eat is my corn.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:04 PM
Spike

I new someone who had penned dear, there was one buck that went totaly nuts for it.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:22 AM
Spike

Best way to attract deer is a decoy. I used one for many years now and it is impressive just how they come right in to check it out. Mine is a doe feeding with movable tail.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:56 AM
Fork Horn

I read about using peanut butter last year and smeared some on a stump and also I poured molasas on another and both stumps were cleaner than before I put it there, I heard the best way to use it is to drill a hole in the top lid screw it to the tree and cut off the bottom and they will lick it clean
Old 08-25-2006, 03:56 PM
Typical Buck

I tried doing that a couple of years ago the deer left it alone but the squirrels loved it
Old 08-26-2006, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

if the racoons and squirrels get to it they wont leave nothing for the deer. your better off with corn. find the thickest patch of scragly brush and scatter it. dont put it one one pile. if your lucky it will last a couple days.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:26 PM

I've seen it used in video hunts, corn is your best bet or sweet potatoes(my choice). Corn in a feeder will trian them to come at the sound of it dropping. This is in respect to thier numbers in your area and also if there are alot of acorns they won't hit the bait as hard. when the deer vanish find oaks with acorns and you'll find deer!

Quick Reply: Peanut Butter for Deer Lure

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.