Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 What is your favorite stand location? >

What is your favorite stand location?

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

What is your favorite stand location?

Old 08-28-2006, 11:36 AM

Default What is your favorite stand location?

What is your favorite Archery stand location? I love hunting old apple orchards. I see deer almost every night.

What is your favorite stand location for pressured deer stand? I like to set up on brushy benches, waiting for deer to sneak by trying to avoid the pressure.
Old 08-28-2006, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What is your favorite stand location?

Most of my stand locations are some sort of a funnel.Even in rifle season,I rarely set-up where I'll get a shot over 50-60 yards.I also rarely shoot deer from the same locations in consequtive years.
Old 08-28-2006, 05:17 PM
Typical Buck

Same here. Other than some stands preferred for the first morning of firearms season, most of my stands are along heavily-traveled routes to or from food sources, bedding areasand refuge areas where deer tend to scoot when pressured. Rubs and scrapes are yesterday's news to some extent, but handy for knowing deer have been there at some point in the recent past.

So it depends on the circumstances, which stand I use, but it's still usually a roll of the dice. Whichever stand I pick, still take along the bunny foot.

[8D]
Old 08-28-2006, 07:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Funnels funnels funnels! Funnels near food in the evening. Funnels near bedding areas in the morning. Travel funnels in the rut, and funnels near the thickest steepest nastiest cover you can find in gun season.
Old 08-28-2006, 07:35 PM

I like to set up on a trail between the bedding area and the feeding area..best near the feeding area..
Old 08-28-2006, 08:07 PM
Typical Buck

"....funnels near the thickest steepest nastiest cover you can find in gun season."

My definition of a funnel in nasty cover during gun season, is a hole big enough for me to crawl through if necessary, to get at the little devils who are holed-up in there. Especially when the weather has also turned nasty.

[8D]

Old 08-29-2006, 12:58 PM

For bow hunting: near apple trees, funnels and a saddle area I have. Also have a sweet spot near a bedding area at the top of a big ravine that both does & bucks travel to get around.

Rifle: stalking heavy thickets or siting on the edge of the woods over looking the food plots and again funnels.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:41 PM
Fork Horn

I like to set up about 2 yards into the trees outside a clearing. The does where I bowhunt are always running trhough the clearings and the buck always hang back right around where I like to set up.
Old 08-30-2006, 07:27 AM

I hunt by the edge of a tunnel that runs under the highway. I hear splash, splash , splash in the creek and then a deer appears.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:13 PM
Fork Horn

I hunt the suburbs in patches of woods that aren't more than 10 acres, mostly funnel areas and narrow wooded strips.

Quick Reply: What is your favorite stand location?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.