Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 WV PreRut and Rut >

WV PreRut and Rut

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

WV PreRut and Rut

Old 10-28-2005, 01:05 PM

Default WV PreRut and Rut

Been a nasty week here in Northern WV. Snow and rain andour first cold chill. As I write this, there is another thunderstorm going on outside. I hunted last Saturday morning in the pouring rain and after seeing one buck faintly and before shooting hours, I took the 10th deer (a mature doe, as with the exception of a button buck and a spike, they were all does)to pass along the trail below my stand.The weather is supposed to clear for a few daysand even warm up some over the weekend. I'm headed back to the same overgrown old farm outside Grafton in the AM, and I'mwondering if anyone has been seeingprerut orrutting bucks yet inSWPA(where I also hunt)or Northernl WV. Thanks.

Property I havehas had little to no hunting pressure for nearly half a dozen years. Halloween weekend 2 years ago is when I took my biggest buck to date, an 8 point, so I'm hoping for some similar results.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: WV PreRut and Rut

Just back from Grant County (panhandle). I grunted in a small four point, butNO seeking or chasing. Few deer seen...