Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Bow Boxford State Forest >

Bow Boxford State Forest

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Bow Boxford State Forest

Old 10-19-2005, 12:08 PM

Default Bow Boxford State Forest

Any one bow hunt Boxford State Forest in Boxford Mass. ?
Old 10-27-2005, 12:09 PM
jf5

Default RE: Bow Boxford State Forest

I don't, but there are guys who do. Harold Parker as well. Deer population growing fast in that area due to areas continually being closed off to hunting...
Old 10-28-2005, 07:42 AM

Thanks for the information. I live in andover Mass. and am looking for places to bow hunt.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:15 AM

I do. Whaddya want to know?

I hunt there basically every day that I hunt. two years ago, I had deer moving by my stands seemingly every other day. Last year. basically nothing. This year seems to be developing like last year. Personally, I primarily attribute it to the fact that there are no acorns dropping (at least in areas that I hunt), unlike two years ago when acorns were raining down the first couple of weeks of the bow season. Apparently, the does are feeding elsewhere and I haven't found where or on what yet. Last year I was stubborn and stuck it out at my stands, this year I am moving stands around chasing sign that I see. It may also have something to do with the last 2 hard winters, but, I do not see a lot of support for that proposition on other boards or sites.

I walk in from my house, but there are normally a couple of guys who park on Middleton Rd. and walk in. Although, this year, I do not see them as regularly as the last 2 yrs.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:57 AM
jf5

ORIGINAL: jomolloy

I do. Whaddya want to know?

I hunt there basically every day that I hunt. two years ago, I had deer moving by my stands seemingly every other day. Last year. basically nothing. This year seems to be developing like last year. Personally, I primarily attribute it to the fact that there are no acorns dropping (at least in areas that I hunt), unlike two years ago when acorns were raining down the first couple of weeks of the bow season. Apparently, the does are feeding elsewhere and I haven't found where or on what yet. Last year I was stubborn and stuck it out at my stands, this year I am moving stands around chasing sign that I see. It may also have something to do with the last 2 hard winters, but, I do not see a lot of support for that proposition on other boards or sites.

I walk in from my house, but there are normally a couple of guys who park on Middleton Rd. and walk in. Although, this year, I do not see them as regularly as the last 2 yrs.
Is it hit hard during the gun season??
Old 11-20-2005, 01:42 PM

I have hunted boxford state forest for the past 32 years. Around the hill many stories and many deer.