Community
Muzzleloading Guns The smoking gun section.

45 Caliber Omega

Old 07-31-2014, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default 45 Caliber Omega

The muzzle loader regulations here, changed this year. No longer is it advantageous to take this rifle big game hunting, so i decided to list it. Last March i mounted a new scope on the rifle, loaded up some vials with 90g Blackhorn, and we went shooting on a breezy morning. Three three shot groups shot that morning are shown on the target. The bullet was a 200g shockwave blemished i purchased from Midway. Sabot was the light blue Harvester, and primer was the CCI 250 large rifle primer. First group was a way high, the scope dialed down two times for two more 3 shot groups.

Two seasons ago this rifle killed an antelope at over 300 yard after a long stalk, and belly crawl. We practiced plenty for that shot which used a load of 115g Blackhorn, 200g SST, light blue Harvester sabot, and W209 primer. Following are three 2 shot targets made about 2 years ago.

My goal was to sell this rifle for a price fair both to the buyer, and the seller. Checking prices this morning on a few different mid range stainless rifles, it seemed $300 was about the average price point. However, i didn't find any 45 caliber rifles.

$400 including shipping to your door

Last edited by ronlaughlin; 01-08-2015 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Changed the price