Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Ashton Il

Old 03-11-2005, 03:25 PM

Default Ashton Il

Anyone on here from the Ashton area?? Just checking.
Old 03-11-2005, 03:54 PM
Spike

Default RE: Ashton Il

no from lena but just went thru there 4 times today
Old 03-14-2005, 03:17 PM

Wazzy,

Why in the world would you be going through Ashton 4 times? I can say this, I grew up in Ashton, but I haven't been back there for probably 10 years.

It was a great place to grow up, but not much there for kids coming out of college. So, moved up North to enjoy the Northwoods. I wrestled against a couple of guys from Lena - Winslow. How's the hunting at Lake-le-aquana (sp?)

Good luck with the gobblers if ya chase em.

Spatrat.
Old 03-14-2005, 06:04 PM
Spike

i was hauling gas and went thru there. great hunting at the lake my 10yrold daughter had her first deer hunt there this year. no luck but 2 shots at 715 am it was great . theres always next year. take a kid hunting they are the future to keep hunt alive
Old 03-19-2005, 08:49 PM
dcl

Hey spatrat. I grew up there. graduated in 85. live in rochell now. where up north do you live now?? we go to eagle rive wisc. alot during the fishing and hunting season. take care. dcl.
Old 03-26-2005, 05:40 PM
dcl

Hey Spat I just figured out who you are. How's it going? Didn't know that you hunted. Shoot me an e-mail. dcl
Old 03-28-2005, 02:14 PM

Dcl; I knew my HS nickname would come back to huant me I tried to shoot you a PM, but don't think it went through why don't you try sending me a PM.

I have no clue who you might be; I guess I will have to pull a yearbook to see if I can figure it out.

We are in Rhinelander, only about 30 miles from ER.

I puicked up hunting about 9 years ago first bow hunting deer and about three years ago I picked up turkey hunting.

Growing up in Ashton, I didn't know a single person who hunted anything except pheasant.

Talk to you soon
Old 04-10-2005, 05:49 AM

I'm here in dixon, you guys ever hunt franklin creek? Shot my first deer there. I also hunt near Lena, well closer to Orangevile. A farm off of bellveiw rd. Great place, been hunten it for over 10 years now. Nice to see some locals here!
Old 04-11-2005, 09:30 AM

Arram,

Welcome my friend! I am not local any more, grew up in Ashton, but been up North for awhile now. Dcl hunts the Franklin creek area during bow season and has had success there, maybe he will catch your post and respond.

I have a frienfd that lives in the Cedarville area, south of Orangeville, unfortunately he is not a hunter or and advocate of hunting on his property. That area looks like it would be prime deer and turkey area. I just wish IL NR fees weren't so high.

Good luck

Spatrat
Old 04-11-2005, 12:59 PM
dcl

Hey Arramkr. I hunt franklin park all the time. Shot alot of deer there. If you hunt there very much at all im sure we've met. already looking forward to next yr. I wish they would do away with the doe only side of the park. alot of good bucks there. take care. dcl

Quick Reply: Ashton Il

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.