Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Wisconsin HRZ - Zone T - EAB Hunt >

Wisconsin HRZ - Zone T - EAB Hunt

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Wisconsin HRZ - Zone T - EAB Hunt

Old 11-05-2004, 10:16 AM

Default Wisconsin HRZ - Zone T - EAB Hunt

Hey ya'll
Just wondering if anyone had any success in the oct. 28-31 hunt.

My group did alright. We got five deer, 3 does, a button buck and a nice 8 pt.
My twin shot the buck, we already had a doe tagged (EAB), and dropped him and swong on the doe that he was following and shot her. A perfect heart shot on the run though the trees. It was his first Buck in his 7 years of huntin!!!!

I got my doe after trying to push some deer to my dad. We were just standing there talking out loud when she came running though. I shot her on the run. Four shots, four hits....Not bad, for me at least.

My dad got his third deer in his 20 some years hunting. Partly cause he sat with us, his three kids, for the last 8 years. He let us shoot before he did. Well he tagged a doe.

The button buck was shot on the same stand as the buck/doe combo a day earlier. It was a one shot one kill...the "buck" was registered as a doe for it had three inches or less.

It was one heck of a weekend. It was the first time we have ever taken 5 deer in one weekend. We usually are lucky to get one. It was a great weekend. We get to do it all over again coming up on Nov. 20.
Old 11-05-2004, 11:44 AM

Default RE: Wisconsin HRZ - Zone T - EAB Hunt

Here is a link to see the pic of the deer. I could not figure out how to post them on the forum so they are on a diff. page. the link is Theinespines pic

The pics are on the right side....Click on them to view um
Old 11-05-2004, 02:50 PM

Any body else do any good for the past weekend hunt?
Old 11-05-2004, 07:14 PM

i got myself a doe on friday. one of my cousins shot two does and another shot one. thats about it here
Old 11-10-2004, 04:34 PM

I got my first Buck an 8 pointer on the 29th and the next day a big ole 14 point comes out of the woods and just stares at me like he knew I had already used my Buck Tag.[:@]
Old 11-12-2004, 06:42 AM
Fork Horn

I shot her on the run. Four shots, four hits....Not bad, for me at least.
Sounds like you were gun hunting. Were you actually hunting in a "T-zone", or CWD "Herd Reduction Zone"?
Old 11-12-2004, 07:54 AM

In EAB, it was legal to shoot a buck over that weekend?? I am not sure that was ok, unless it was in the CWD areas????
Old 11-12-2004, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

In the title of his post he has written "HRZ" which I'm assuming he means "Herd Reduction Zone", which was legal to shoot bucks.

Sounds like you guys had a good time, congrats on a successful hunt.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:10 PM
Fork Horn

I think that the earn a buck system will lead to a more balanced deer herd and lower overall population but i think it really has some problems. My family owns land in central wisconsin (57B) and western wisconsin(61). This year unit 61 in buffalo county is earn a buck while the more heavily deer poplutated unit 57B is not.

The problem is that there simply arent that many deer on our land in Buffalo county and it was a challenge to even tag a doe. I really dont understand why unit 61 needs e-a-b. There is very limited browsing down in the winter and there are even numerous cedar trees that go untouched. The one cedar tree on our land in 57b doesnt have a single branch below 8 feet from the deer.

What i guess im trying to say is that the WI DNR needs to find a better method of determining population targets and finding current deer populations by unit.
Old 11-15-2004, 02:30 PM

I shot 4 deer on the last day( oct 31st) Was hunting in the HRZ. Shot 3 doe and 1 buck. My biggest ever. 11 point, 19 1/2 in inside spread, and weight 230 after field dressing. what a hog!!.. My oldest son had shot 3 in 1 day a couple of years ago, but I now hold the family record....

Quick Reply: Wisconsin HRZ - Zone T - EAB Hunt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.