Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Another reason Illinois sucks, and not well either! >

Another reason Illinois sucks, and not well either!

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Another reason Illinois sucks, and not well either!

Old 02-16-2017, 02:09 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

I got married last year and my wife still lives in China until she retires in December. It's been interesting trying to describe to her the difference between living in St. Charles as opposed to Portage, Indiana. Not many Chinese tudoring jobs there if she wants to do part-time. My priority will be to make sure she is happy with our location. She says she does not care, whatever is more practical. So I'm shopping in IN now.
Old 02-17-2017, 05:16 AM
Typical Buck

and don't forget the lifelong welfare families
Old 02-17-2017, 05:21 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Hatfield Hunter
and don't forget the lifelong welfare families
True - they are worth a mention. Especially since they're the ones helping keep Madigan in power.
Old 03-31-2017, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Zim
And don't forget about Pogo!

Oldtimr, Not any more. That actually stopped in 2007 while my application was being processed. The CO that investigated me told me mine was possibly the very last one approved. So yes I can move out and still be valid.
All IL lifetime licenses are still valid even if you move out of state. The 2006 yr change regards losing resident status for deer and turkey permit purposes while holding an IL lifetime hunting license, but living in another state.
Old 03-31-2017, 02:26 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rogerstv
All IL lifetime licenses are still valid even if you move out of state. The 2006 yr change regards losing resident status for deer and turkey permit purposes while holding an IL lifetime hunting license, but living in another state.

Haha ya which is 99% of the benefit of owning any lifetime license in any state! Even a NR license fee is chump change compared to the benefit of resident deer & turkey permit/lottery eligibility. That's why I was interviewed for 2 hours by a CO checking me out back then.

.....................Now if only Illinois would return the deer quality to what it was back then and earlier. So sick of our prostituted public land here I'm cashing my Iowa points this year for a real hunt. Even though it's $750.

Last edited by Zim; 03-31-2017 at 02:31 PM.